Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

4-star RB Jordan Scarlett decommits from FAU

Add topic

owl2Doc said

Feel like the answer is yes but I'm not sure: have any players from mid-majors gone in the first round of the NFL Draft? Can you guys think of any?

Because as I understand it you get more money if you sign in the first round vs say the third or fifth and maybe players like Scarlett don't think he could go that high from FAU since our highest was… third round, I believe? I think Housler went in the third round.

Posted On: Jul 14th 2014, 7:47 PM #332569

Khalil Mack the one we let go to buffalo. But I will say it's easier to get noticed and hype in major conferences just due to TV exposure, but if you are good enough it doesn't matter where you go will just take more work possibly 
Back to the top

Blake Bortles was the #3 pick but you're right, the big boys get a vast majority of the picks…it also took 22 picks before they got to a running back
Back to the top

Guest said

owlcountry40 said

walty12 said

owlcountry40 said

If we were having this debate with a FSU UF or a UCF fan I wouldn't have much to say they are all far ahead of us. Even with UF going 3-9 last year that school has to large of a fan base and to much money to be down long.
UM on the other hand seems to be falling back more then any other program. They still recruit very we'll but how long will that last with AVG. season a stadium that's 40 min away from campus and fan base that reflects ours more then it reflects there rivals UF and FSU and possible revolving door of coaches.

A few more years from now most kids would not have been born when UM won it's last national title they can't hang on to this "U" thing for much longer.
Posted On: Jul 14th 2014, 11:21 AM #332557
Hoping our rivalry builds on thier way down and our way up.

I want to see a defined line develop over the next few seasons, no more of this I cheer for both FAU and Miami.  You're either a Miami fan or you're with the good guys…period.
Posted On: Jul 14th 2014, 12:16 PM #332558
I don't want to try and create a rival with UM there fans are to arrogant to see that FIU for years tried to say UM was a rival and it never stick because they field a D-1 quality football team about twice every decade.
Will there always be some hate because of location but, UM fans will not accept a rival with schools other then conference teams and UF because when UM fans still believe they are in the days of Micheal Irving, Vinny Testivertie, and Jimmie Johnson is still the coach.

Instead of of the last 14 years who have not done much.
I mean they have not been to one ACC title game sine the game was 1st played in 2005. In a weak ACC.

Posted On: Jul 14th 2014, 3:21 PM #332560

You make us all look stupid when you write.  "Then" is not the same as "Than".  Jimmie Johnson is a Nascar driver, not a football coach.  Idiot.

Posted On: Jul 14th 2014, 3:38 PM #332561
Dude chill when I type this sh** from my phone I do not  really care what I get wrong grammar wise. Add the fact it's a anonymous football forum only adds to that.

Back to the top

OL from CENTRAL MICHIGAN number one overall pick two years ago!
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

Guest said

owlcountry40 said

walty12 said

owlcountry40 said

If we were having this debate with a FSU UF or a UCF fan I wouldn't have much to say they are all far ahead of us. Even with UF going 3-9 last year that school has to large of a fan base and to much money to be down long.
UM on the other hand seems to be falling back more then any other program. They still recruit very we'll but how long will that last with AVG. season a stadium that's 40 min away from campus and fan base that reflects ours more then it reflects there rivals UF and FSU and possible revolving door of coaches.

A few more years from now most kids would not have been born when UM won it's last national title they can't hang on to this "U" thing for much longer.
Posted On: Jul 14th 2014, 11:21 AM #332557
Hoping our rivalry builds on thier way down and our way up.

I want to see a defined line develop over the next few seasons, no more of this I cheer for both FAU and Miami.  You're either a Miami fan or you're with the good guys…period.
Posted On: Jul 14th 2014, 12:16 PM #332558
I don't want to try and create a rival with UM there fans are to arrogant to see that FIU for years tried to say UM was a rival and it never stick because they field a D-1 quality football team about twice every decade.
Will there always be some hate because of location but, UM fans will not accept a rival with schools other then conference teams and UF because when UM fans still believe they are in the days of Micheal Irving, Vinny Testivertie, and Jimmie Johnson is still the coach.

Instead of of the last 14 years who have not done much.
I mean they have not been to one ACC title game sine the game was 1st played in 2005. In a weak ACC.

Posted On: Jul 14th 2014, 3:21 PM #332560

You make us all look stupid when you write.  "Then" is not the same as "Than".  Jimmie Johnson is a Nascar driver, not a football coach.  Idiot.
Posted On: Jul 14th 2014, 3:38 PM #332561
Dude chill when I type this sh** from my phone I do not  really care what I get wrong grammar wise. Add the fact it's a anonymous football forum only adds to that.

Posted On: Jul 14th 2014, 8:40 PM #332572

Blame the phone.  You sound stupid.  I have a feeling if you had a full keyboard you would sound the same.  Take more time typing if you are going to blame your phone, people might believe you have a good point and won't be distracted by your grammar.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

OL from CENTRAL MICHIGAN number one overall pick two years ago!
Posted On: Jul 14th 2014, 10:41 PM #332573

Players from schools like FAU do not go unnoticed. The Scouts for NFL teams leave no stone unturned. I bet Reeser was studied as much as any other CB is the draft last year. 
Remember Texas did not have one players drafted last year.
Back to the top

owl2Doc said

Feel like the answer is yes but I'm not sure: have any players from mid-majors gone in the first round of the NFL Draft? Can you guys think of any?

Because as I understand it you get more money if you sign in the first round vs say the third or fifth and maybe players like Scarlett don't think he could go that high from FAU since our highest was… third round, I believe? I think Housler went in the third round.

Posted On: Jul 14th 2014, 7:47 PM #332569

The 1st pick of the draft last year was from Central Michigan.  I think Miami has had maybe 1-3 first round draft picks in the last 5 years.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

owl2Doc said

Hell, Archer's Twitter picture is even this…

It may all be a smokescreen, or maybe he was moreso excited about playing together with his cousin at the same school, but every man has to stand on his own eventually.
Posted On: Jul 11th 2014, 1:21 AM #332497

His pic was with the Owl gloves on, now it is a selfie standing in front of a toilet bowl and his banner is him putting up Bull horns in a USF locker room…

Back to the top

Its out of our control and it is the nature of young people (especially young male athletes) to change thier mind often.  I think that if Miami offers Archer, then he will be going there as well.

Recruting is interesting to follow and you get some insights into todays youth but if you, as a spectator, cant handle seeing kids commit then leave its not something you should get too invested in.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Just the facts man…just the facts.
Back to the top
Control functions: