Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Who's coming to Wyoming?

For those Owl fans who are coming out to the High Plains to see their team play in Laramie I'll be posting useful information as it becomes available.  For now, here's a link to Wyoming's official tourism site with a lot of good info:

http://www.wyomingtourism.org/

"When you call me that, smile."

The Virginian
Owen Wister
Back to the top

DC Poke, haven't seen you on in AGES…welcome back!

Back to the top

I would think that GrayOwl would probably be one of the few since he's out there in the West.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

owlfamily said

I would think that GrayOwl would probably be one of the few since he's out there in the West.
Posted On: Jul 23rd 2014, 1:48 PM #332744

Funny and I agree! I actually thought maybe he had started this thread. Represent us well out there GrayOwl!
Back to the top

I remember when we signe this series back then. We all said (myself included) that there was no way we would fly out there and that we would buy the game out. LOL guess we were all wrong on that one.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

So what away games are folks traveling for?
Back to the top

Sorry for the delay. GrayOwl, Mrs. GrayOwl and at least two other couples (all from Boca) will be going to Laramie for the game. So we'll be at least six in number. We're looking forward to the relatively short drive  (about 2.5 hours, 150 miles). Actually, I might make it up there for an earlier game, as well, when Air Force visits the Cowboys on Saturday, Sept. 6. War Memorial Stadium in Laramie is, for those who need a refresher,  at 7,215 feet – and is the highest in elevation in all of Div. I. The Owls visited (and won in) the 2nd highest stadium (Flagstaff, Ariz., home of the University of Northern Arizona) for a playoff game years ago. Laramie often is a very windy place. The average temperature for late September (Owls' game) is in the 60s – though it could be just about anything – and the average humidity for game time is in the 30-40% range. Hydrate, hydrate. Because of the relatively low humidity, you often don't feel the sweat, so dehydration really can sneak up on you.  
Back to the top

Guest said

Posted On: Jul 23rd 2014, 2:11 PM #332747

The FIU game on Thursday Oct 2  :)
Back to the top

Guest said

Posted On: Jul 23rd 2014, 2:11 PM #332747

I'll go to FIU game, I'm thinking about the Alabama game, what that's quite unlikely.
Back to the top

Thinking of West Virginia, we owe Marshall a beating and I think that could add up to the conference game of the year. Would be nice to travel to a game that isn't an SEC beat down.
Back to the top
Control functions: