Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2014 C-USA Football Media Day

Add topic

Back to the top

Back to the top

Back to the top

Thanks for the updates Rick.

Thought this temp replacement guy was going to give us something but he tweeted out like two things and I haven't seen a story yet, so I don't know if he's waiting until the second day or what. Couldn't watch the stream today.
Back to the top

Sun Sentinel had writeups in the paper this morning.  Pretty well thought out.
Back to the top

Stories were ok in the paper this morning and last night. I enjoyed those. I was hopeful Ryan was going to tweet more as well, but I follow a few other CUSA beat writers and they were more active on twitter so i got the flavor of what was going on.

We all got spoiled I think by the amount of tweeting that Deiter did as it really kept us in the "real time" loop.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Hmmm…I saw nothing on my alerts.

Anyway, aside from the release of a half baked two deep in the media guide, and the standard rhetoric that goes with these things, the outright biggest story out of Media Day was that the league has seemingly prepared for the SEC's move to pay players full costs of attendance.

USA Today picked up MTSU beat writer Adam Sparks' piece on that - within 20 minutes of going live, and they even had their own reporter there - go figure.

Here it is:

Conference USA schools ready to adjust to change

Back to the top

Was glad to see that. While it will be more to add to the budget, remember more money is coming in from the CFP as well.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Well the CUSA schools are going to have to do that to keep up.
Back to the top

Back to the top
Control functions: