Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

4-star RB Jordan Scarlett decommits from FAU

Add topic

Recruiting is entertainment, just dont take it too seriously until after they have signed the LOI…everything up to that point is literally like those magazines in your grocers aisle.

If you have the type of personality where you get worked up and cant stay light….dont follow recruiting.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

Recruiting is entertainment, just dont take it too seriously until after they have signed the LOI…everything up to that point is literally like those magazines in your grocers aisle.

If you have the type of personality where you get worked up and cant stay light….dont follow recruiting.
Posted On: Jul 22nd 2014, 3:59 PM #332702

I would say you need to wait beyond the LOI…you need to wait until they are on campus AND contributing on the field…Austin Bland anyone?
Back to the top

Tim FAU98 said

walty12 said

Posted On: Jul 22nd 2014, 3:59 PM #332702

I would say you need to wait beyond the LOI…you need to wait until they are on campus AND contributing on the field…Austin Bland anyone?
Posted On: Jul 23rd 2014, 12:09 AM #332725

Whatever happened to Austin Bland? he was a 3 star recruit from St Thomas Aquinas… Haven't heard much about him. All the articles I've read don't even mention the kid. I know he's still in the roster, will he be getting playing time this year?
Back to the top

Island_Owl88 said

Whatever happened to Austin Bland? he was a 3 star recruit from St Thomas Aquinas… Haven't heard much about him. All the articles I've read don't even mention the kid. I know he's still in the roster, will he be getting playing time this year?
Posted On: Jul 23rd 2014, 12:26 AM #332726

Yeah he redshirted in 2013 so there wouldn't have been too much out there about him yet.

I'm sure he'll be in the mix this year.

Back to the top

owl2Doc said

Island_Owl88 said

Posted On: Jul 23rd 2014, 12:26 AM #332726

Yeah he redshirted in 2013 so there wouldn't have been too much out there about him yet.

I'm sure he'll be in the mix this year.

Posted On: Jul 23rd 2014, 12:39 AM #332727

My point is he hasn't done anything yet…and there was hyper activity about his recruiting.  Doesn't mean he won't be a significant contributor in the future, but he has red shirted and was not even mentioned in the spring.  Reggie Bain…true freshman getting a lot of hype may even contribute as a true freshmen.  I like to see them get on campus and contribute before I get excited about some player.  Recruiting hype is a joke.
Back to the top

walty12 said

Here's your entertainment for the day: Rodrick Archer has removed the "FAU COMMIT" from his Twitter bio. He's wearing a Cincinnati hat in his profile picture and his cover picture shows him at USF.
Back to the top

owl2Doc said

walty12 said

Here's your entertainment for the day: Rodrick Archer has removed the "FAU COMMIT" from his Twitter bio. He's wearing a Cincinnati hat in his profile picture and his cover picture shows him at USF.
Posted On: Jul 24th 2014, 11:05 PM #332783

Just get this clown out of here
Back to the top

owl2Doc said

walty12 said

(((Echo)))

Rick said

owl2Doc said

Hell, Archer's Twitter picture is even this…

It may all be a smokescreen, or maybe he was moreso excited about playing together with his cousin at the same school, but every man has to stand on his own eventually.
Posted On: Jul 11th 2014, 1:21 AM #332497

His pic was with the Owl gloves on, now it is a selfie standing in front of a toilet bowl and his banner is him putting up Bull horns in a USF locker room…

Posted On: Jul 22nd 2014, 1:22 PM #332698

Back to the top

owl2Doc said

walty12 said

The good news is that we are finding out about these guys a year in advance and have plenty of time to go after others.

Many of the big boy programs lose and steal each others recruits and do not know until signing day.  

I don't really think these kids who are all about "the show" and attention are necessarily great fits for where we are as a program any way.  There are plenty of kids who want to be here and are willing to work their butts off.
Back to the top

You know, we're talking about kids who haven't even started their senior season in high school yet.  Why don't we just take the high road, wish them the best of luck, and tell them that we will be there if they need an objective sounding board when they are making decisions about other programs.

That would be the classy thing to do.

That would be the unexpected response for them.

They would remember that.

Who knows?  Things change quickly and there are still many light bulbs to turn on in the mind of a 17 year old.
Back to the top
Control functions: