Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

4-star RB Jordan Scarlett decommits from FAU

Add topic

Good points BB…

To play devil's advocate (as I like to do):

It's called being a player - but not "football".

When you see that, it can be tough for some to "take the high road"…

These kids are a lot smarter than given credit for at times, and can also be very manipulative.

People call things as they see them, and to each their own.
Back to the top

Thanks, that is kind of the point I'm trying to make.

Nobody likes being played as a sucker and if these kids are really that smart, they will figure out that THEY are being played by some of the competing schools.  Given enough time, they will figure out who is really on their side and who just wants to fill their stable "just in case".

If they aren't that smart, or if they think that they can "beat the play", then they will still remember how we treated them and it cost us nothing.  Maybe they pass a good word about us to the next recruiting prize.
Back to the top

Why are we still talking bout this brat of a kid, whose only concern is making it and making bank. Lets move on.
Back to the top

NLI2015 is a LONG way away. Many things can change. No one should be harsh on these kids. I agree take the high road.  What happens if we beat Nebraska and wind up with a 10-2 season? Unlikely? Yes, but its certainly plausible. You dont think the coachs will keep in contact and tell them that they are the missing piece to put us over the top?

Again, sit back, enjoy the ride, and recall that not to long ago we couldnt even GET 4* or high 3* kids to even set foot on campus. #babysteps #owlsup

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

USMCOWL said

Why are we still talking bout this brat of a kid, whose only concern is making it and making bank. Lets move on.
Posted On: Jul 25th 2014, 10:34 AM #332796

Drive by post?

:Big-Grin:

Actually, this has turned more philosophical in nature and involves motivation in general…
Back to the top

Vindicated… funny how I was getting torn to shreds about this just a few weeks ago. if you follow Ryan Schneider, who is around the team as a recruiter or something a long those lines, he tweeted "100%.. on to the next one". I wonder if this was related to archer. Within hours the commit thing was removed and pictures changed. :Thinking:I wondered if anyone would notice. Good eye rick.. we seem to be on the same page with this.

Anyways.. do not sweat Archer. Is he a well known local recruit? Yes. But we can recruit better safeties. The Kid Andrew was talking about from the north is a stud. Actually looks like a safety too may I add. Archer is not 6'1.. more like 5'11 at best.

Also, I WANT TO APOLOGIZE TO ANDREW. My wording was off for sure. I know he cares about what he does and he does a very good job as well. I meant to say, "if he wanted to look into…" not if he cared. So once again I'm sorry. I hope moving forward we can all be open to different opinions even when they are not positive about recruits the majority of us are amped about.
Back to the top

bb said

You know, we're talking about kids who haven't even started their senior season in high school yet.  Why don't we just take the high road, wish them the best of luck, and tell them that we will be there if they need an objective sounding board when they are making decisions about other programs.

That would be the classy thing to do.

That would be the unexpected response for them.

They would remember that.

Who knows?  Things change quickly and there are still many light bulbs to turn on in the mind of a 17 year old.
Posted On: Jul 25th 2014, 9:28 AM #332793

GREAT response bb! Take the high road and when our current 3* guys get their offers puled by the BigBoys who actually don't want 3* (except for special teams, the bench or the practice squad anyhow) they may come running back if bridges are not burned!

This is a whole new ballgame for FAU and us loyal fans, having to fight to keep  higher ranked hs recruits, but all the BigBoys have to do the same right up to NLI signing day as they ALL try to seal away 4 and 5* commits right up to the deadline and then settle for just a very few 3* leftovers!
Back to the top

Rumor is Scarlett is a possible de-commitment and looking like a future Gator.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

wouldn't shock me.
Back to the top

He was signing UM mini helmets last night...
Back to the top
Control functions: