Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

3 Star DB Rashard Causey Decommits, Recommits to FAUFab15

Add topic

Crazy crazy thing.

I enjoy following it but some of this stuff is just crazy with the "he said, she said" thing from different sites.

Sit back and enjoy the ride.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

These guys are gonna get pressured and lied to and you name it by the BigBoys just to pad their bench! Stay strong young men, be LEADERS and not followers!
Posted On: Jul 25th 2014, 4:07 PM #332819

How do you know we don't lie to recruits?  How many recruits were promised a stadium?

Back to the top

Tim FAU98 said

GeorgiaOwl said

These guys are gonna get pressured and lied to and you name it by the BigBoys just to pad their bench! Stay strong young men, be LEADERS and not followers!

How do you know we don't lie to recruits?  How many recruits were promised a stadium?

Posted On: Jul 25th 2014, 4:30 PM #332821

7 years worth, then they stopped coming.

there will be a game this year that the university will make a SERIOUS effort to fill the stadium at all costs, I would also expect every highly touted recruit in the area to be there as well, so they can see what the "The Beach" looks like at capacity cheerin on the Owls,. If they pull it off, then a lot of these kids can be swayed to the Owls. We need a moment that legitimizes the program, having those kid see 30k at the stadium will be that first step.
Back to the top

teambeer said

Tim FAU98 said

GeorgiaOwl said

7 years worth, then they stopped coming.

there will be a game this year that the university will make a SERIOUS effort to fill the stadium at all costs, I would also expect every highly touted recruit in the area to be there as well, so they can see what the "The Beach" looks like at capacity cheerin on the Owls,. If they pull it off, then a lot of these kids can be swayed to the Owls. We need a moment that legitimizes the program, having those kid see 30k at the stadium will be that first step.
Posted On: Jul 25th 2014, 7:59 PM #332822

Good point to both guys but I am talking about promising immediate playing time to 3* type recruits when you have 20 or more higher ranked 4 and 5* in the VERY SAME class. Heck I guess that would mean NO current players on a BigBoy roster are gonna play anymore once these new FRESHMAN recruits get on campus! Like that would EVER happen!
Back to the top

Tim FAU98 said

GeorgiaOwl said

Theres a difference between a deliberate lie and promise you might not be able to keep. I dont think anyone intended the stadium to take that long to build. Mary Jane Saunders if she did nothing else a) Got rid of Angelos b) Put the full weight of FAU behind getting that stadium built.
Back to the top

Recruiting is a sales and negoatianting game. You have to promise somethings, and you have to get something in return. Kinda of like buying a car
Back to the top

"Three-star cornerback Rashard Causey of Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas committed to Florida Atlantic back in April, but said the strength of his commitment is only 50 percent. He's also mapped out five official visits to Florida State, South Carolina, Wisconsin, Miami and Michigan."

Timeline:

Commits.
Speaks to Wisconsin Rivals reporter and says he has decomitted.
Recants decomittment once it is made public in Rivals article after pressure.
Tells FAU coaches via phone that he is still committed.
Publishes a tweet with no hash tag or enthusiasm to reaffirm the Owls.
Goes back to the well and speaks to another Rivals reporter and lays a soft stance rather than decommit.

Time to pull the offer and just move on…too much drama which weighs against momentum for others who know what the word means.
Back to the top

I thought I saw a picture of him flashing the "U" sign during media day.  Either you're committed or you're not. I didn't know I can be 50% married. 50% obligated to my mortgage…you get the point.

Perhaps he's young and doesn't understand what commitment means.  We see the signs.  This is how it all started with Scarlett.  We're in a good position either way.  I didnt' see where Causey's list of officials included FAU either.   :Thinking:
Back to the top

Rick said

"Three-star cornerback Rashard Causey of Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas committed to Florida Atlantic back in April, but said the strength of his commitment is only 50 percent. He's also mapped out five official visits to Florida State, South Carolina, Wisconsin, Miami and Michigan."

Timeline:

Commits.
Speaks to Wisconsin Rivals reporter and says he has decomitted.
Recants decomittment once it is made public in Rivals article after pressure.
Tells FAU coaches via phone that he is still committed.
Publishes a tweet with no hash tag or enthusiasm to reaffirm the Owls.
Goes back to the well and speaks to another Rivals reporter and lays a soft stance rather than decommit.

Time to pull the offer and just move on…too much drama which weighs against momentum for others who know what the word means.
Posted On: Aug 14th 2014, 10:09 PM #333276

Seriously. I feel like he and Archer are both fishing for other offers and just trying to keep us as a back up plan. This class is deep enough without the two of them and we have talent all over the secondary set up for the next few years. Get rid of these clowns!
Back to the top

Do you think that having highly rated recruits helps us convince other 3+ star players? If that's the case, they can stay verbally committed and switch at the last second for all I care. Don't get me wrong, it would be nice to see them play for us next year, expecially with miami and florida in our schedule in the very near future.

There's an entire season ahead. These kids are about to start their senior year. A lot can happen, some of the top schools recruiting them may have a bad season, or we can have a strong year and that may sway their decisions to play at FAU next year, idk. A lot can happen between August 29th and signing day…

I'm not gonna hold the word of a minor against him…
Back to the top
Control functions: