Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

3-star TE Julian Allen takes official visit to FAU

Add topic

It’s never too early to get ahead in the recruiting process. Three-star junior college tight end Julian Allen is at FAU this weekend for an official visit. Allen, who is currently committed to South Alabama, was offered by the Owls coaching staff just six days ago, but arrived on campus Friday.

The 6-foot-4, 235-pound pass-catcher would fill a major need for FAU and the Fab15. Allen is a mid-year candidate that could enroll in December and compete for immediate playing time next season.

FAU assistant Chris Hurd (pictured) has cast a wide web when it comes to recruiting the tight end position, but Allen is atop the Owls’ board.

The Lackawanna C.C. product holds offers from UAB, Eastern Michigan and Bethune Cookman. Ohio State evaluated him this past spring, but he committed to South Alabama after an official visit in June.
Back to the top

Just to give a little perspective, this is what the TE position will look like once Alex Deleon graduates:

Michael Harrop Sr.
Dustin Bowens R-So.
Jacob Wilson R-Fr. ?
Nate Terry R-Fr. ?
Back to the top

Gulp.
Back to the top

American Heritage had a TE that went unnoticed because all he did was block for Greg Bryant. FAU didn't offer him. He had very few offers. We will be able to watch him this year though as he plays for Alabama. I know he would have taken an offer from FAU. We had the ability to let local talent go un-offered. He would be splitting time at TE this year had he been offered. Charlie is changing that. Julian Allen would be a huge flip if we could get him.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

American Heritage had a TE that went unnoticed because all he did was block for Greg Bryant. FAU didn't offer him. He had very few offers. We will be able to watch him this year though as he plays for Alabama. I know he would have taken an offer from FAU. We had the ability to let local talent go un-offered. He would be splitting time at TE this year had he been offered. Charlie is changing that. Julian Allen would be a huge flip if we could get him.
Posted On: Jul 27th 2014, 4:38 PM #332837

Does said tight end have a name? 

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

Andrew said

Just to give a little perspective, this is what the TE position will look like once Alex Deleon graduates:

Michael Harrop Sr.
Dustin Bowens R-So.
Jacob Wilson R-Fr. ?
Nate Terry R-Fr. ?

Posted On: Jul 27th 2014, 11:05 AM #332835

That is actually a lot of perspective….yikes.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

The TE playing at Alabama  from AHHS Delray is Isaac Leon. Something like 6'5" 230. Mario got him to go north.
Back to the top

Keep your eye on the Harrop kid he's gonna open some eyes this year
Back to the top