Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Here's one GameDay tradition I'd like to see us adopt

sigep77 said

I can't comment further but in my opinion, things are getting better but not back to normal and distance appears to be kept going forward. Partridge definitely treats Coach much better than Pelini did.

Posted On: Jul 30th 2014, 9:03 AM #332880

I was told by the third cousin of the assistant to an administrative assistant to an associate athletic director that something is in the works to enhance traditions, but I was asked not to say anything, so I cannot really make any further comment on the matter.
Back to the top

I would give my right arm to get ALL the fans in the damn stadium BEFORE kickoff. That is the number one thing that needs to happen. It is SO sad to see the team run out and the stands are bare.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Guest said

sigep77 said

I can't comment further but in my opinion, things are getting better but not back to normal and distance appears to be kept going forward. Partridge definitely treats Coach much better than Pelini did.

I was told by the third cousin of the assistant to an administrative assistant to an associate athletic director that something is in the works to enhance traditions, but I was asked not to say anything, so I cannot really make any further comment on the matter.
Posted On: Jul 30th 2014, 1:00 PM #332882

Same here but since I wasn't allowed to say anything…I didn't say anything.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

owlfamily said

I would give my right arm to get ALL the fans in the damn stadium BEFORE kickoff. That is the number one thing that needs to happen. It is SO sad to see the team run out and the stands are bare.

Posted On: Jul 30th 2014, 1:00 PM #332883

I agree, but even at the big schools attendance is an issue.

I found this a very good read on how the SEC is studying the MLS…

Students aren’t coming to games, even at places where they win national championships: Alabama, LSU, Georgia. The no-show rate for students who bought tickets to games is around 25 percent these days, even for some of its biggest games, and those are teams that are really doing well.

To Fix Its Mysterious Attendance Woes, the Sport Looks Far Afield—to Professional Soccer
Back to the top

Andrew said

owlfamily said

Posted On: Jul 30th 2014, 1:00 PM #332883

I agree, but even at the big schools attendance is an issue.

I found this a very good read on how the SEC is studying the MLS…

Students aren’t coming to games, even at places where they win national championships: Alabama, LSU, Georgia. The no-show rate for students who bought tickets to games is around 25 percent these days, even for some of its biggest games, and those are teams that are really doing well.

To Fix Its Mysterious Attendance Woes, the Sport Looks Far Afield—to Professional Soccer
Posted On: Jul 30th 2014, 2:06 PM #332885

It seems they are more interested in drinking time than the game.  I like getting in to the stadium and watching the pomp and circumstance of a college football game.  Today's college kids want to get one more funnel or beer pong game in.
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

Guest said

sigep77 said

Posted On: Jul 30th 2014, 1:08 PM #332884

I have no need to defend myself to people on an anonymous message board. Plenty of people know me here in real life and can confirm that I have brought plenty of info that has been proven true or corroborated by others. TIFWIW, I could not care less if you believe me.

I expect there to be an event this fall that will validate my comments.
Back to the top

sigep77 said

dusky256fc said

Guest said

sigep77 said

I have no need to defend myself to people on an anonymous message board. Plenty of people know me here in real life and can confirm that I have brought plenty of info that has been proven true or corroborated by others. TIFWIW, I could not care less if you believe me.

Posted On: Jul 30th 2014, 5:28 PM #332887

I think you missed the point.  I don't believe anyone is doubting you have information, I think you have shown that.  It's the point you have to routinely tell us you have information but can't tell us.  Why say anything if you can't share it??  

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

sigep77 said

dusky256fc said

Guest said

sigep77 said

I think you missed the point.  I don't believe anyone is doubting you have information, I think you have shown that.  It's the point you have to routinely tell us you have information but can't tell us.  Why say anything if you can't share it??  
Posted On: Jul 30th 2014, 5:57 PM #332889

Fair point and I'll share exactly why I position things a certain way.

First, I try not to blatantly post something and withhold information.  Typically I will try to respond to something.
Second, many times my employer is brought up here and for obvious reasons I must be extra careful in responding.  I know the inner workings at my employer and at FAU and how quickly something can evolve or deteriorate.
Third, athletics and other staff at FAU monitors this board and not just those that are actually registered here and actively participate and solicit opinions.  They have deduced who I am and have commented to me about things I've posted, nothing negative or asking to withhold what I write.

So, I'm not trying to be a pri*k when I post obscure info, sometimes I post it under a veil of secrecy with enough light peeking out to give you insight when something happens.

IF and I think right now it's a BIG IF there are naming rights coming down for the stadium, well…   :Not-Talking:
Back to the top

sigep77 said

dusky256fc said

sigep77 said

dusky256fc said

Guest said

sigep77 said

Posted On: Jul 30th 2014, 5:57 PM #332889

Fair point and I'll share exactly why I position things a certain way.

First, I try not to blatantly post something and withhold information.  Typically I will try to respond to something.
Second, many times my employer is brought up here and for obvious reasons I must be extra careful in responding.  I know the inner workings at my employer and at FAU and how quickly something can evolve or deteriorate.
Third, athletics and other staff at FAU monitors this board and not just those that are actually registered here and actively participate and solicit opinions.  They have deduced who I am and have commented to me about things I've posted, nothing negative or asking to withhold what I write.

So, I'm not trying to be a pri*k when I post obscure info, sometimes I post it under a veil of secrecy with enough light peeking out to give you insight when something happens.

IF and I think right now it's a BIG IF there are naming rights coming down for the stadium, well…   :Not-Talking:
Posted On: Jul 30th 2014, 9:19 PM #332890

I can understand why Athletics is doing that. Often things leak out before the company is ready by social media, so I can understand the secrecy I truly do. Hopefully it is naming right, or maybe they found somebody to donate money to redo the the Oxley center. We have to wait and see.
Back to the top

If you are writing about things that are suppose to be  quiet , that is an error on your part. Your bosses are being very tolerant. If I had an employee that posted company information or decisions, he or she would not do it twice. If this is your case, be careful with what you share. The information will come out when it is time. Nothing is so important that it can't wait.
Back to the top
Control functions: