Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2014 FAU Football Preseason Camp

Local Owl said

A little advice to our new Northern coach. It is summer in Florida. Schedule everything early in the day. The storms will build every afternoon.
Posted On: Jul 31st 2014, 6:43 PM #332907

He's from Plantation.  He knows.
Back to the top

That was one thing I thought Pelini did right. Morning practices to beat the rain.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

OOPS.I knew that. Just forgot.......Never mind.
Back to the top

owlfamily said

That was one thing I thought Pelini did right. Morning practices to beat the rain.
Posted On: Jul 31st 2014, 6:51 PM #332909

I remember a fan fest at the Stadium with Pelini that was scheduled late afternoon that was nothing but rain and lightning, weather happens.
Back to the top

Notable quotes from Coach Partridge after day one via SID Brandon Goodwin, with a familiar face looking on…

“It was fun to see the guys and the progress they made over the summer,” Partridge said.

“It’s also fun to see that the guys have gotten bigger and their bodies have changed. They’re in better shape than they were for the first practice of spring.”

“If you look out here, you’d think that we’ve been practicing for a couple of weeks,” Partridge said.

“Jaquez looked good and so did Greg. It was a pretty good first day.”
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

How much does an indoor PRCTICE facility cost? Imean basic, no seating, just a few bwnches! Can't we take the $$$ from on of the OOC beatdowns and build it?

Help to prepare a better more compertitive team AND recruit better too boot!
Posted On: Jul 31st 2014, 6:41 PM #332906

Its quite more expensive than that. Plus Chun wants the improvements to the Oxley Center and naming rights plus a new baseball facility and probably basketball arena. . Its in the game plan, but its going to take a couple years. The owls have to win consistently and get into bowl games and the improvements will come.
Back to the top

Practice notes from today via SID Katrina McCormack…

The Owls moved practice up by nearly an hour due to the threat of weather, but didn’t miss a snap. Much of the first two days praise has gone towards the seniors, who led the summer workouts, the instruction time with the unit coaches and the conditioning led by the strength and conditioning staff.

On the field, the seniors shined, offensively. Tight end Alex DeLeon had back-to-back catches for big gains in the early team portion. Classmate running back Tony Moore moved the chains both on the ground and had a nice catch in the next to last period. Underclassmen wide receiver DJ Juste followed Moore’s example with a catch for big yards and newcomer Camden Krohn did the same.

The defense, which is limited to non-contact during the acclamation period, focused on turnovers with Robinson Eugene claiming a fumble recovery.

FAU will don shoulder pads for the first time this preseason and return to the practice field Saturday at 8:50 a.m.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

How much does an indoor PRCTICE facility cost? Imean basic, no seating, just a few bwnches! Can't we take the $$$ from on of the OOC beatdowns and build it?

I've seen prices range from 10-25M. Depends on how you do it. Point is, it ain't cheap, but I think we really need it at some point. The rain hasn't impacted us too much in the Partridge Era but in general we've lost a ridiculous amount of practice time to these mid-afternoon storms.

Back to the top

owl2Doc said

GeorgiaOwl said

I've seen prices range from 10-25M. Depends on how you do it. Point is, it ain't cheap, but I think we really need it at some point. The rain hasn't impacted us too much in the Partridge Era but in general we've lost a ridiculous amount of practice time to these mid-afternoon storms.

Posted On: Aug 1st 2014, 7:23 PM #332958

Maybe after an academic center, baseball stadium, basketball/convocation center, a refurbished OX in no particular order.
Back to the top

Tim FAU98 said

owl2Doc said

GeorgiaOwl said

Posted On: Aug 1st 2014, 7:23 PM #332958

Maybe after an academic center, baseball stadium, basketball/convocation center, a refurbished OX in no particular order.
Posted On: Aug 2nd 2014, 1:19 AM #332966

They need it all and some.
Back to the top
Control functions: