Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU's pitch to local DE Jason Strowbridge

Add topic

Thursday August 1st marked the first day schools could send out formal scholarship offers to the Class of 2015, and FAU mailed out a written few bids. CeCe Jefferson - one of the nation's top DEs - got an offer along with Miami OL commit Leeward Brown.

But the prospect FAU might have the best chance with is local DE Jason Strowbridge. Strowbridge tweeted out a picture of his scholarship offer which included a handwritten message from Charlie Partridge. It was a nice touch, compared to Al Golden's oversized signature on Miami's offer to Strowbridge.

I have Strowbridge as a Kentucky lean, but he has yet to receive an official offer from them.

Back to the top

It seems like we are now competing with Miami more than any other program for recruits. I feel like UM is our biggest rival right now and FIU just isn't even on par
Back to the top

I agree with going after higher level recruits, but I will say the UM offer letter looks more impressive, we need to update out stationary NOW! A pic of OUR stadium (not a rental - HA HA!) and some players (including our NFL star if allowed and get permission (a RB and a NFL ProBowler - think of that Mr. Scarlett - UM have any NFL ProBowl RB's lately?).
Go get 'em Coaches!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

I agree with going after higher level recruits, but I will say the UM offer letter looks more impressive, we need to update out stationary NOW! A pic of OUR stadium (not a rental - HA HA!) and some players (including our NFL star if allowed and get permission (a RB and a NFL ProBowler - think of that Mr. Scarlett - UM have any NFL ProBowl RB's lately?).
Go get 'em Coaches!
Posted On: Aug 2nd 2014, 3:58 PM #332983

Frank Gore?  5 x's  Most recent 2013.  Long career for him.  Lets not get ahead of ourselves, when you consider we really only have had ONE player who is a contributor in the NFL, Housler really hasn't done much.  If we do half of what UM alums have done in the NFL we should consider ourselves very fortunate.
Back to the top

Good point Tim, forgot about Gore (but still not as good as Alfred IMHO!).
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Posted On: Aug 2nd 2014, 11:17 PM #332995

If Alfred is stilling playing after 9 years (I hope he does) we can assess whether he is better than Gore.  A lot of running back last 3 or 4 years then flame out (actually a lot of NFL players).  The NFL eats these guys up.  What Gore has accomplished is amazing.
Back to the top

Tim FAU98 said

GeorgiaOwl said

Posted On: Aug 2nd 2014, 11:17 PM #332995

If Alfred is stilling playing after 9 years (I hope he does) we can assess whether he is better than Gore.  A lot of running back last 3 or 4 years then flame out (actually a lot of NFL players).  The NFL eats these guys up.  What Gore has accomplished is amazing.
Posted On: Aug 3rd 2014, 12:31 AM #332997

On two reconstructed knees at that.
Back to the top
Control functions: