Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

**Out of town Owl Fans**

How many games do you make a year? Football, Basketball, Baseball others.. I moved to Boca in october 09, moved back to my home state in summer of 2012. I still try to make at least 2 football games a year, 1 full weekend baseball series, and 1 basketball game. How about yall? 
Back to the top

Not bad - we get down to one FB game a year from above Atlanta.
Back to the top

We usually get to two or three road football games each year and make a home game every other year or so (we have had season tickets every year since the beginning). When basketball used to visit the University of Denver, we always went (and the Owls always lost). If baseball came out west, we likely would go. This year, we are scheduled to make three road football games: Nebraska, Wyoming and North Texas. Other football venues we have visited to see the Owls over the years: Alabama, Bethune-Cookman, Central Florida, Florida, Florida International (3 times), Kansas, Kansas State, Michigan State, Navy, Nebraska, North Texas (4), Northern Arizona, Northern Colorado, Oklahoma State (2), Rice, South Florida, Texas and the New Orleans Bowl (Memphis State). These are the venues that come to mind -- I might have forgotten something. Meanwhile, we hold out hope that C-USA will send the Owls to Texas-El Paso, Texas-San Antonio, Rice and North Texas as often as possible. For 2015, the early plan is to see the game in Tulsa (and wait to see what, if anything, the C-USA schedule brings our way). It all gets complicated because we have had Air Force season tickets for years, as well.
Back to the top

grayowl said

We usually get to two or three road football games each year and make a home game every other year or so (we have had season tickets every year since the beginning). When basketball used to visit the University of Denver, we always went (and the Owls always lost). If baseball came out west, we likely would go. This year, we are scheduled to make three road football games: Nebraska, Wyoming and North Texas. Other football venues we have visited to see the Owls over the years: Alabama, Bethune-Cookman, Central Florida, Florida, Florida International (3 times), Kansas, Kansas State, Michigan State, Navy, Nebraska, North Texas (4), Northern Arizona, Northern Colorado, Oklahoma State (2), Rice, South Florida, Texas and the New Orleans Bowl (Memphis State). These are the venues that come to mind -- I might have forgotten something. Meanwhile, we hold out hope that C-USA will send the Owls to Texas-El Paso, Texas-San Antonio, Rice and North Texas as often as possible. For 2015, the early plan is to see the game in Tulsa (and wait to see what, if anything, the C-USA schedule brings our way). It all gets complicated because we have had Air Force season tickets for years, as well.
Posted On: Aug 3rd 2014, 11:36 AM #332999

Really good list of games ya get too! Too bad ya are so far away from Boca, we have a GREAT little stadium, do we not! As an AF season ticket holder, put in the word for a home-home serices between the Owls and the Falcons! Would be great game for both schools and should excellent draw to Boca for sure!
Back to the top

I know. We would love to get to Boca more often – and we would love to see FAU play Air Force. The Falcons have great game day traditions. 
Back to the top

grayowl said

We usually get to two or three road football games each year and make a home game every other year or so (we have had season tickets every year since the beginning). When basketball used to visit the University of Denver, we always went (and the Owls always lost). If baseball came out west, we likely would go. This year, we are scheduled to make three road football games: Nebraska, Wyoming and North Texas. Other football venues we have visited to see the Owls over the years: Alabama, Bethune-Cookman, Central Florida, Florida, Florida International (3 times), Kansas, Kansas State, Michigan State, Navy, Nebraska, North Texas (4), Northern Arizona, Northern Colorado, Oklahoma State (2), Rice, South Florida, Texas and the New Orleans Bowl (Memphis State). These are the venues that come to mind – I might have forgotten something. Meanwhile, we hold out hope that C-USA will send the Owls to Texas-El Paso, Texas-San Antonio, Rice and North Texas as often as possible. For 2015, the early plan is to see the game in Tulsa (and wait to see what, if anything, the C-USA schedule brings our way). It all gets complicated because we have had Air Force season tickets for years, as well.

Posted On: Aug 3rd 2014, 11:36 AM #332999

That at is a great list, I hope you have enjoyed the last  12 years as much as I have and I believe it only gets better from here...GO OWLS!

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Better, indeed. Games 1 and 2 this year will be tough and meaningful tests. Focus. Compete. Every down. Every kickoff. Every return.
Back to the top

I am in WNC, I don't get to any… the last game I attended was gamecocks. I would of went to Georgia last year, but explaining that to the wife while having a baby I don't think was going to fly.

MT is five hours from me, but will be glad when UNCC starts playing football, that should be a guarantee every other year.

:)
Back to the top
Control functions: