Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FIU gets naming rights for the stadium. WTF?!?!?!?

Add topic

Sorry but this chaps my ass. Our stadium is SO much better then theirs and we cant get this done?

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Upon further review its just the Field that got named, not the stadium.

Still we REALLY need to get his done. With a bowl game OTW I would think a corporate sponsor would be all over it.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

FIU just got a stadium deal done does any one know the details. On how much they got. I wonder if we are close to deal that will go a long way in funding this.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

FIU just got a stadium deal done does any one know the details. on how much they got. I wonder if we are close to deal that will go a long way in funding this.

Posted On: Aug 9th 2014, 12:42 PM #333121

It's a field naming deal, not a stadium naming deal.  It's for 3 years. Sigep77 says something is near, but he is not at liberty to say what at this time.
Back to the top

owlfamily said

Upon further review its just the Field that got named, not the stadium.

Still we REALLY need to get his done. With a bowl game OTW I would think a corporate sponsor would be all over it.

Posted On: Aug 6th 2014, 12:35 PM #333058

I couldn't agree with you more… I'm surprised we don't have a few sponsors lined up.
Back to the top

One more thing that bothers me is that FIU has 8 HOME GAMES!!!! 8!!!!! vs our 5!!!!
Why is that?
Why can't we have at least 6 home games.
Back to the top

Garcia is better than Angelo's at scheduling, it'll improve soon now that Chun is in control.
Back to the top

We will end up having six home games per season.
Back to the top

Island_Owl88 said

One more thing that bothers me is that FIU has 8 HOME GAMES!!!! 8!!!!! vs our 5!!!!
Why is that?
Posted On: Aug 9th 2014, 5:12 PM #333133

Because FIU has a lot more money than us.  They charge their students a lot for athletic fees (as does FAU), however FIU has a lot more students, so…do the math…they have more money to bring in more teams.
Back to the top

New numbers on the way out…FIU is the FOURTH largest school in the country!!  Literally twice the size of FAU.

They still suck though  :Big-Grin:
Back to the top