Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

New Football Facilites. Please confirm

I was scanning facebook when the other website posted a story about possible new practice facilities for the FAU football program, one which would include a indoor practice facility. Now from the article a lavish plan includes the indoor facility with outdoor fields and turf fields, new weightroom and offices, plus academic center to be built near the on campus football stadium. Now again according to the article a scaled back plan would include building the indoor practice facility behind the Oxley center on land that the university owns between the grounds and the FAU treatment plant. Accoridng to the article plans would be announced by the end of the season, but maybe we can try and break the silence here.  Can someone please try and confirm this
Back to the top

Can you please provide link/source of this article?
Back to the top

Island_Owl88 said

Can you please provide link/source of this article?
Posted On: Aug 8th 2014, 2:58 PM #333109

We don't link that site.
Back to the top

That would be huge!  Pretty remarkable if Chun can pull this move off using private donations
Back to the top

They must have a plan in place for the stadium debt if they are bringing in new money for new facilities. I'm just being an arm chair qb and I have to trust Chun knows what he is doing.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

It would seem strange to dig a bigger debt hole without knowing where the money is coming from. Although our government has gotten away with it for years, a University has to be more responsible. IF this story is true, I tip my hat again to Mr. Chun. But lets not call this story "fact" quite yet.
Back to the top

The stadium debt is being attacked by season ticket sales, that was part of the change of donation when you were in priority and premium clubs…oh and Alabama is paying some too.

The academic center/weight room is a must for us to stay competitive in the recruiting landscape. I don't know if any of you have seen how bad our weight room is but abysmal is the word I'd use to describe it. And we don't have an academic center. You wanna recruit mom and dad, show them their kid is gonna graduate. The weight room is the Lockhart stadium of college weight rooms. Both Chun and Kelly KNOW that if football wins, the rest of the university wins, big. These are worthwhile investments that pay off big time in the long run.  My guess, is that Chun was trying to secure a major gift before starting a capital campaign, then we're all on the hook to help out.

Fun fact. Clemson is a perineal top 25 program. Last year, they were a top 10 program and their applications this spring INCREASED 30%. They did nothing else, no new pr campaigns, marketing new programs, nothing. They won football games and kids took notice. A rising tide raises all ships.
Back to the top

^this
Back to the top

teambeer said

The stadium debt is being attacked by season ticket sales, that was part of the change of donation when you were in priority and premium clubs…oh and Alabama is paying some too.

The academic center/weight room is a must for us to stay competitive in the recruiting landscape. I don't know if any of you have seen how bad our weight room is but abysmal is the word I'd use to describe it. And we don't have an academic center. You wanna recruit mom and dad, show them their kid is gonna graduate. The weight room is the Lockhart stadium of college weight rooms. Both Chun and Kelly KNOW that if football wins, the rest of the university wins, big. These are worthwhile investments that pay off big time in the long run.  My guess, is that Chun was trying to secure a major gift before starting a capital campaign, then we're all on the hook to help out.

Fun fact. Clemson is a perineal top 25 program. Last year, they were a top 10 program and their applications this spring INCREASED 30%. They did nothing else, no new pr campaigns, marketing new programs, nothing. They won football games and kids took notice. A rising tide raises all ships.
Posted On: Aug 9th 2014, 9:44 AM #333120

Well said, this administration is all in on football because at this point they don't have a choice and they know it is the one area where you can get the biggest payoff in the long run.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

teambeer said

Posted On: Aug 9th 2014, 9:44 AM #333120

Well said, this administration is all in on football because at this point they don't have a choice and they know it is the one area where you can get the biggest payoff in the long run.
Posted On: Aug 10th 2014, 9:11 AM #333159

Agreed, especially now since the NCAA is allowing the big conferences autonomy now in certain areas especially in areas of paying for above cost of attendance for athletes.  
Back to the top
Control functions: