Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

A Few Quick Questions

I just have a few questions as I live far away from the program now and don't get all of the updates right away. This is my first time on here and I am glad that I found this forum!

1. Did we change the helmet yet again?

Last year it was the navy helmet with the owl on the right side and the silver numbers on the left. All of the stuff I am seeing now has the owl on both sides of the helmet. I hope that is the case as the numbers looked stupid and FAU doesnt have any tradition to do just numbers on a helmet like Bama….

2. What are the primary home jerseys going to be?

The advertisement begging for money that came to my house has them in red jerseys with the owl on both sides of the helmet. I thought this was the secondary jersey?

3. Are there any rumors on future opponents and how many beatdown games we will take?

I want to know how long these money games are going to go on . It is brutal to get smacked around by juggernauts the first 2 weeks of the season. 2 virtual automatic losses and the team gets beat down physically and mentally. Too bad some donors cant come in so the beatdown game can get reduced to one as it is for everyone else it seems.

Thanks guys for any help you can provide with the answers!
Back to the top

Rumors are that we see a new helmet this season. I don't know if that means we get to see the Red Chrome that's been tweeted out by recruits or if it means a change of decals. I'm hoping for both.

I would also expect to see a new jersey combo, maybe an all red for a big home game

Future schedule is on the board, I think we'll see moving forward that those games against the national champions are going to cease (remember, they were scheduled 5 years ago by Angelos) and we'll see more OOC opponents like Navy coming to Boca for a game, and hopefully games against Power 5 schools that aren't top tier, like an Iowa St.

And don't be afraid to be that donor that helps out  :Big-Grin:
Back to the top

teambeer said

Rumors are that we see a new helmet this season. I don't know if that means we get to see the Red Chrome that's been tweeted out by recruits or if it means a change of decals. I'm hoping for both.
Posted On: Aug 13th 2014, 9:48 AM #333235

Sorry Team, no chrome… :Crying:

1. Helmets will drop the number, and have the same logo on both sides now.

2. Rotation of colors, same as before, but slightly altered font (Atlantic is bigger).

See here for similar example: Florida Atlantic Jersey Font T-Shirt

3. So far its UF 2015, Miami 2016, and Wisconsin 2017.

Back to the top

Thanks guys. That is great to hear on the helmets.  I never got the numbers on one side and logo on the other.  We don't have the history to just have numbers on a helmet either.  The owl on both side will be much better.

I do hope we stick with one "beatdown" game a year from now on.  Would really help to schedule a few of the 4 OOC games as very winnable with another being a mid tier team we can beat in some years.  

I see they have Buffalo on the schedule coming up .  I wish they would schedule teams in the MAC from Ohio.  Our recruiting has picked up there and it is a talent rich state ( I live here).  It would be great to get a Toledo, Kent State etc so that kids would know about us and we would have a chance to get the kids from Ohio who fall through the cracks.  I went to Mentor and we had a kid who turned down FAU for fricken Mercyhurst in 2006 or so.  That just cant happen…
Back to the top

SeminOwl28 said

I went to Mentor and we had a kid who turned down FAU for fricken Mercyhurst in 2006 or so.  That just cant happen…
Posted On: Aug 13th 2014, 10:44 AM #333237

Who??

:Big-Grin:

Back to the top

Exactly.  It is a D2 school in PA.  But people probably say "who" when hearing about us in the midwest unless they are big college football fans too.  That is why we should be playing MAC schools up there and Ohio has a lot of talent.
Back to the top

SeminOwl28 said

Exactly.  It is a D2 school in PA.  But people probably say "who" when hearing about us in the midwest unless they are big college football fans too.  That is why we should be playing MAC schools up there and Ohio has a lot of talent.
Posted On: Aug 13th 2014, 11:26 AM #333240

eh…….. Partridge has made it pretty clear he wants focus on recruiting south of I-4. And 2006 was 8 years ago a few things have changed in the program since then. I'll take Florida's HS talent over Ohio any day, and it costs a lot of money to recruit in Ohio compared to our own backyard.
Back to the top

I'm not saying to abandon Florida but scheduling games against teams like Buffalo and Tulsa do nothing for us.  Ohio teams would be better than scheduling those games.  NY is crappy for HS talent.  

FAU needs to schedule schools from the MAC/Sun Belt etc to get some wins and build the program. The games against these elite schools do nothing but lead to a whooping and a beatdown physically that can carry over for weeks.
Back to the top

SeminOwl28 said

I'm not saying to abandon Florida but scheduling games against teams like Buffalo and Tulsa do nothing for us.  Ohio teams would be better than scheduling those games.  NY is crappy for HS talent.

FAU needs to schedule schools from the MAC/Sun Belt etc to get some wins and build the program. The games against these elite schools do nothing but lead to a whooping and a beatdown physically that can carry over for weeks.

Posted On: Aug 13th 2014, 11:52 AM #333242

The focus isn't scheduling games in areas where we can enhance recruiting, it's the ability to schedule home and home games.  Which will get rid of the money games.  I am ok with one a year.  But to start the season off against Nebraska and Alabama and our main hope will be to not get hurt instead of winning is not a great way to gamble the entire season.  I am 100% ok if we only recruit Florida.  I will take my chances with that, plus they cost half as much as out of state.  Additionally, with the new economics of college athletics I wouldn't be surprised if there is an internal mandate saying if we want to try to offer what the Big 5 are going to offer we will have to save money by no out of state recruits.
Back to the top

Guest said

SeminOwl28 said

Posted On: Aug 13th 2014, 11:52 AM #333242

The focus isn't scheduling games in areas where we can enhance recruiting, it's the ability to schedule home and home games.  Which will get rid of the money games.  I am ok with one a year.  But to start the season off against Nebraska and Alabama and our main hope will be to not get hurt instead of winning is not a great way to gamble the entire season.  I am 100% ok if we only recruit Florida.  I will take my chances with that, plus they cost half as much as out of state.  Additionally, with the new economics of college athletics I wouldn't be surprised if there is an internal mandate saying if we want to try to offer what the Big 5 are going to offer we will have to save money by no out of state recruits.
Posted On: Aug 13th 2014, 1:42 PM #333243

I get they want home and homes but MAC teams would probably do that too (hence Buffalo).  So I'm hoping our AD is smart enough to try to get into Ohio for a home and home series if he is going after scheduling MAC schools.
Back to the top
Control functions: