Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Boca Raton Bowl

Add topic

I was thinking about this when fausports was talking with AD Chun and as well reading articles on the Bowl in Boca Raton and facebook. Is it possible that a FAU commercial will air during the game. I know it is expensive, but besides the game could a commercial be done for the game?
Back to the top

The city still has to pay $200K for the naming rights to the event…they two get commercials as part of that deal.

IMO, not likely FAU we will be one of them, but stranger things have happened…
Back to the top

If I were paying 200K and getting two commercials, it would be all about ME. Nothing else. It would shock me if FAU got one of them. Boca is thinking "if FAU wants a commercial, pay for it". And I don't blame them.
Back to the top

Then FAU should make a great one and run it - would make for great additional apps to the school AND a great recruiting tool for ALL sports IMHO!
Back to the top

If we are playing in the bowl we get 2 spots I believe.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

And unless the city ponies up, it won't be the Boca raton bowl for long.

When the presidential debate was at Lynn, Boca was offered the chance to sponsor the event and get recognition, they passed and it became the presidential debate from Lynn Univeristy in Palm Beach County Florida. I would expect something similar here
Back to the top

Back to the top

dusky256fc said

I like how the writer says that for $200k they get the name on the bowl and to FREE 30 second commercials…doesn't sound free to me.

What does FAU stadium get?  Seems like the only entity to get money out of this is ESPN.  We all know that the participating teams will probably have an operating loss to come down and play.  Does ESPN pay rent to the stadium?
Back to the top

I can see the citizens bellyaching over this but I get why Boca wants to do this. I like the name and the logo, actually, so I think it's great.

Doubt FAU will get rent from ESPN. I assume FAU would get to keep money from concessions as well as exposure. I'm sure that was our cut and we were willing to take pretty much anything to get this to happen.

Fast forward a couple years when the contract comes up again and FAU will likely be in a better position to ask for more money.
Back to the top

Good investmetnt in terms of dollars to be spent locally AND national publicity showing Boca NOT just a bunch of old decrepit retirees. LOTS of families live in Boca now!
Back to the top
Control functions: