Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

IT'S OFFICIAL: FAU Stadium at Schnellenberger Field

Add topic

Wonderful news.

#owlsup

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Tim FAU98 said

USMCOWL said

kinda of wish we knew who the donor was, but I can understand. It be really cool if it was Alfred Morris. I like the fact Coach Partiridge is bring back Coach Schnellenberger to talk to the current team.
Posted On: Aug 20th 2014, 12:58 PM #333372

I doubt it is Alfred…a substantial gift to name the field HS seems to be out of Alfred's budget, or at least I hope it is.  

Does this mean no corporate sponsor will be pursued for the stadium or does it mean eventually "Halliburton Stadium at Howard Schnellenberger Field?
Posted On: Aug 20th 2014, 2:33 PM #333377

No.
Back to the top

I wish I was in the financial position to do this kind of thing. To give this kind of gift and want nothing in return is a true gift from the heart. Thank you to who ever you are. That is an incredible thing to do.
Back to the top

Im sure its just the field and is very common to have one different from the other.

With the upcoming bowl game and other clues I think a naming rights deal is coming fairly soon for our beloved home. No insider information, just me keeping my eyes open, and hoping.

Back to the top

So i got a little irritated with the Sun-Sentinel today on twitter since everyone and thier brother covered this story earlier then they did, including national outlets, along with no coverage of camps. (Shout out to the Owls nest for thier great wrap-up)

Thier sports editor sent out that our new beat reporter will be starting on Monday, so hopefully the stories will start to flow more. Dieter will be hard to replace.

Back to the top

Congrats to Coach Schnellenberger! Inspired that someone would actually lay down the money to make this a reality - a big thanks to them for doing so. It was the only name for the field.
Back to the top

Back to the top

KLV had a poll going for the nickname of the stadium.

Ken LaVicka ‏@KLV1063  · 2h  
Right now the leader in the Howard Schnellenberger Field nickname clubhouse is #TheStump. #FAU

Back to the top

I still love the Owlcatraz nickname as the "home" for the Owls - no escape for it's "visitors".

And s…w the detractors due to the GeoGroup thing. This is "OUR" house and we should be able to call it whatever we want to!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

I still love the Owlcatraz nickname as the "home" for the Owls - no escape for it's "visitors".

And s…w the detractors due to the GeoGroup thing. This is "OUR" house and we should be able to call it whatever we want to!
Posted On: Aug 21st 2014, 6:35 PM #333399
That name was nothing but trouble.  It was definitely more trouble than it was worth.  Just let it go and move on.
Back to the top
Control functions: