Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Game Week Thread: FAU @ Nebraska - 08/30/14 @ 3:30 PM

Add topic

The Matchup: Florida Atlantic (0-0) vs. Nebraska (0-0)

The Series: Huskers 1-0

09/05/09 A L 49-3

When: Saturday, August 30th @ 3:30 PM

Where: Memorial Stadium

TV: Big Ten Network

Radio: ESPN 106.3 FM

Huskers Team Site: Here

* 2013 Statistics

Ticket Info: 1-866-FAU-OWLS

Visitor's Info: Things to Do in Lincoln, NE

Current Stadium Weather: Here

Opening Line: FAU +24

Latest Line: Here
Back to the top

Historical Tidbits:

Current Washington Redskins teammates Alfred Morris (FAU, 95 yards) and Roy Helu (NE, 152 yards, 3TD) led their squads in rushing during the only prior meeting.

Despite the score, total yardage favored the Cornhuskers by only 122 yards (490-368).

The Owls had 19 more plays on offense, but fumbled the ball five times - four of which were lost.
Back to the top

Ball security and game management - so ya don't just give the games away - right Coaches!

Go get 'em Owls!
Back to the top

I hope the team is as ready as I am. Solid defense and smart offense. Easy to say, hard to do. I have a gut feeling that we will do fine. Our kids are finally at the talent level where we can compete , not just play, with the big schools. Go Owls !
Back to the top

In an ideal world we compete with these guys and pull out a W but if we can't have that it would be nice to see a close contest.

Historically we come out playing pretty sloppy ball in the first quarter due to nerves/crowd/etc, settle down and make some progress in the second quarter, then drop completely off the map in the second half.

So that's what I'm going to expect will happen and if anything better happens it will be a pleasant surprise. I just hope we don't get down 28-3 by the beginning of the second quarter because it completely drains our guys' morale. Torturous for everybody involved when the game is over by the second quarter.
Back to the top

A real nice story about Brandin Bryant from Yahoo;

Florida Atlantic opener at Neb special to Bryant - Yahoo Sports

Go get 'em Brandin and the rest of you OWLS!
Back to the top

I really hate starting out the season with two or three losses every year against the bigger programs, but I guess that's just our reality for now.

But wouldn't it be something if this was our defining moment?  I don't expect it, but wouldn't it be nice?   It certainly won't be happening in Tuscaloosa.
Back to the top

Vince Hale said

I really hate starting out the season with two or three losses every year against the bigger programs, but I guess that's just our reality for now.

But wouldn't it be something if this was our defining moment?  I don't expect it, but wouldn't it be nice?   It certainly won't be happening in Tuscaloosa.

Posted On: Aug 24th 2014, 7:21 PM #333453

1) Nebraska aint Alabama, their qb threw a lot of picks last season.

Nebraska is favored by 24 points but Im thinking FAU will at least cover the spread
and if the defense can some good picks early things could become very interesting.
Back to the top

Back to the top

voss749 said

Vince Hale said

Posted On: Aug 24th 2014, 7:21 PM #333453

1) Nebraska aint Alabama, their qb threw a lot of picks last season.

Nebraska is favored by 24 points but Im thinking FAU will at least cover the spread
and if the defense can some good picks early things could become very interesting.
Posted On: Aug 24th 2014, 10:14 PM #333455

I agree. The defense for Nebraska, along with the offense is a question mark. FAU's best chance for a victory in the first couple weeks is at Nebraska. Literally the same offense, but I think our defense may be slightly better than theirs. Nebraska gave up a lot of points last season and they lost some veterans in the defense backfield.
Back to the top
Control functions: