Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Game Week Thread: FAU @ Nebraska - 08/30/14 @ 3:30 PM

Add topic

? I beg to differ.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

Tim FAU98 said

owlcountry40 said

After reading that forum it is amazing how cocky NU fans for a team that's in by FARRRR the worst big 5 conference.
It is funny to read what the BIG people say how good NU going to be. I mean this was a team that was out gained by UGA'S backups by a 100 yard's.

Your in a conference where Ohio State lost the best player in the country and they might still run the table in the Big 10.
It ok for BAMA fans to talk trash, but when your best win last year was at Michigan…..
Posted On: Aug 26th 2014, 2:36 PM #333504

and our big win was at USF…they are still ranked 22nd (a ranking we all would dream about) and until they prove otherwise or we beat them, they can go on being cocky.
Posted On: Aug 26th 2014, 6:05 PM #333510
I don't buy preseason rankings they are worth to me less the star ranking are to you most of you guys.

The rankings are very Big 5 biased. NU best win is at 7-5 Michigan and Beat a 5-7 Northwestern by a Hail Mary. NU is good and I respect the program but they are by far not a national power anymore.
If you don't include the FCS school the record of the NU opponents NU beat last year was 30-49.

Im not saying we beat them but they are honestly not much better then any good Mid Major
Posted On: Aug 26th 2014, 7:24 PM #333513
I would say our win over geotag would be out best win 
Back to the top

Husker said

owlcountry40 said

Tim FAU98 said

owlcountry40 said

After reading that forum it is amazing how cocky NU fans for a team that's in by FARRRR the worst big 5 conference.
It is funny to read what the BIG people say how good NU going to be. I mean this was a team that was out gained by UGA'S backups by a 100 yard's.

Your in a conference where Ohio State lost the best player in the country and they might still run the table in the Big 10.
It ok for BAMA fans to talk trash, but when your best win last year was at Michigan…..

and our big win was at USF…they are still ranked 22nd (a ranking we all would dream about) and until they prove otherwise or we beat them, they can go on being cocky.
I don't buy preseason rankings they are worth to me less the star ranking are to you most of you guys.

The rankings are very Big 5 biased. NU best win is at 7-5 Michigan and Beat a 5-7 Northwestern by a Hail Mary. NU is good and I respect the program but they are by far not a national power anymore.
If you don't include the FCS school the record of the NU opponents NU beat last year was 30-49.

Im not saying we beat them but they are honestly not much better then any good Mid Major

Posted On: Aug 26th 2014, 10:36 PM #333517

UGA was at like 60 percent by that time of the year.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

Husker said

owlcountry40 said

Tim FAU98 said

owlcountry40 said

Posted On: Aug 26th 2014, 10:36 PM #333517

UGA was at like 60 percent by that time of the year.
Posted On: Aug 26th 2014, 11:10 PM #333518

As were most if not all teams
Back to the top

UGA was more beat up then most teams.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

Tim FAU98 said

owlcountry40 said

Hahahahaahahahaha, so you are saying you believe in one make believe ranking system, yet you don't believe in another!  At least in the team polls you have some idea about returning players.  The recruiting systems is solely based on the prestige (or lack of) of the school recruiting a particular player.  You can disparage the Big Ten conference as much as you want but it is still better than our conference.  Just the truth.  I hope we are competitive, but I expect to get our asses handed to us.  Our defensive line is THIN.  No injuries after this game will be a huge win.
Back to the top

Back to the top

Back to the top

Missed these game day threads! Gentlemen, college football season is upon us yet again!

Go Owls!
Back to the top

Has anyone seen the starting line up?
Back to the top
Control functions: