Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Game Week Thread: FAU @ Nebraska - 08/30/14 @ 3:30 PM

Add topic

I watched the 2013 Marshall @FAU game again to get back in the swing of FAU Football.  Man did we blow some opportunities in that game and in 2013 overall.  If Johnson is playing as well as I hear and overall we have improved as much as those that know seem to think, we should have a solid year in CUSA.  

To be considered a good year I would like to see a competitive game with Nebraska ( I don't think we wil win but keep it respectable), get out of Alabama with no injuries and win 8 games and win a bowl.

Wins: Tulsa, Wyoming, UTSA, FIU, WKY, UAB, OD
One of three: Marshall, North TX, MTN
Loss: Neb, AL

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Owlshak said

Has anyone seen the starting line up?
Posted On: Aug 27th 2014, 3:26 PM #333547

Not yet…

This is my projection for offense, since you probably are most interested in that   :Big-Grin:

LT Reginald Bain
LG Mikingson Marsaille
C Braden Lyons
RG Dillon DeBoer
RT Eric Minemeyer
TE Alex Deleon
QB Jaquez Johnson
RB Committee – Moore likely start
WR Jenson Stoshak
WR William Dukes
SR Lucky Whitehead

Back to the top

:Big-Grin: Yes sir...Kinda what I was thinking also...
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

I watched the 2013 Marshall @FAU game again to get back in the swing of FAU Football.  Man did we blow some opportunities in that game and in 2013 overall.  
Posted On: Aug 27th 2014, 3:35 PM #333548

To think we could've gone 8-4 last year. The Rice and Marshall games were supposed to be ours. I'm not gonna dwell in the past too much. I believe we can do no worse than 7-5 this year. Run defense is gonna be the key.
Back to the top

Island_Owl88 said

To think we could've gone 8-4 last year. The Rice and Marshall games were supposed to be ours.
Posted On: Aug 27th 2014, 5:23 PM #333553

I usually get over losses quickly because I have witnessed so many of them.  But I am still PO'd about that Rice game.  We gave that game away for no reason. It was almost like some of the staff were doing drugs. Ridiculous.

But it is a new day, and a new year! ok, I'm over it, finally.
Back to the top

fauowl said

But I am still PO'd about that Rice game.  We gave that game away for no reason. It was almost like some of the staff were doing drugs. Ridiculous.
Posted On: Aug 27th 2014, 6:00 PM #333554

No red font, and none needed!

That game was ridiculous, cost us a Bowl!

Back to the top

Island_Owl88 said

dusky256fc said

I watched the 2013 Marshall @FAU game again to get back in the swing of FAU Football.  Man did we blow some opportunities in that game and in 2013 overall.
Posted On: Aug 27th 2014, 3:35 PM #333548
To think we could've gone 8-4 last year. The Rice and Marshall games were supposed to be ours. I'm not gonna dwell in the past too much. I believe we can do no worse than 7-5 this year. Run defense is gonna be the key.
8-4? Heck 9-3! Literally gave game away at Rice and lost in OT to MTSU and last second FG to Marshall!

Go get 'em this year Owls!
Back to the top

fauowl said

Island_Owl88 said

To think we could've gone 8-4 last year. The Rice and Marshall games were supposed to be ours.

We gave that game away for no reason. It was almost like some of the staff were doing drugs. Ridiculous.

Posted On: Aug 27th 2014, 6:00 PM #333554

LMAO, I see what you did there!!!
I'm hoping for a 7-5 season, We came so close to Marshall and MTSU, I'm sure we'll do good this year!
Back to the top

Via new Sentinel beat writer Nate Taylor…

The scene after the Owls' practice on Tuesday illustrated the bond and competitive nature between running backs Tony Moore and Jay Warren. Near the sideline, Moore worked on his quickness by testing his first few steps. Warren was just a few feet away from Moore. Warren held a football and went through drills that involved ducking and jumping over hurdles.

"He catches me off guard with questions," Moore said. "I'm glad he did that because it made me feel better that he knows what's going on. We'll be that much smarter."

FAU tailbacks driven to boost Owls' rushing attack
Back to the top

is there a depth chart anywhere for both teams or did I overlook them?  last i checked our roster was still listed as preseason.
Back to the top
Control functions: