Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Anyone headed out to Denton for the N. Texas game?

I have to be in Austin that Sunday for an event and am planning on flying out either Friday or Saturday afternoon to Dallas and driving up to Denton to catch the game.  Anyone else planning on making the trip or do we have a contingent out there planning to go already?

Thanks.
Back to the top

I will most likely be there, will know for sure beginning of next month.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Two from Denver plan to go. I know of at least one from Boca who plans to meet us in Denton. 
Back to the top

Shaping up!

Now hopefully my boss decides that our meeting will be AFTER our event and NOT before it, only thing that would throw a wrench in my plans as of now.
Back to the top

How about Smitty, he lives and works out in Texas but I have not heard anything about or from him in a long time. He was so dedicated and active!
Back to the top

I'm still around! I cannot make it to the game; we have a home game at the school I work for. :(

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

SELA going to be tough for you guys Smitty...that Oregon Transfer is the real deal.
Back to the top

UIW plays on the road vs. no.1 North Dakota State, and at home vs. No. 3 SELA, No.9 McNeese, and No.15 Sam Houston; not to mention on the road vs. top 25 vote getting Central Arkansas.

It's like we are playing the SEC schedule of the FCS, the Southland Conference!

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Back to the top

How many alumni do you think will be at the game? I was thinking of trying to have a joint Admissions/Alumni Association for prospects in the area. Our presence is growing in Texas and I'm looking to expand it, a tailgate/ticket to an FAU game might be a good excuse for students to come learn more about FAU.
Back to the top

FAUfasho: I'm not sure of how many will be going. At least check there were over 1,000 alumni living in Texas. Texas is bigger than Florida, so that doesn't mean there are 1,000 in the Dallas/Fort Worth area; some can be in upwards of 11 hours away. Denton is North Texas so Oklahoma is closer than San Antonio, for example.

This is my school's last home game of the season or else I would be there in full garb to help promote for FAU. Let me know of ANY other event ANYWHERE in Texas and I'll try to make sure I'm there.

Back to the top
Control functions: