Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Game Week Thread: FAU @ Nebraska - 08/30/14 @ 3:30 PM

Add topic

It'll be tough on him for sure, but the rest of the O Line is pretty solid and Bain is a big boy.

Expect a TON of swing passes for us Saturday, Lucky Whitehead is a blaze out there, Tony Moore will start at RB and is probably our most capable blocker in the bunch. Jackson and Bussey are the scatbacks that will try to disappear behind the line.
Back to the top

darkhorse85 said

Jack David Whidden III said

knapplc said

^^^^

Who on that list should I be watching for?  Who's gonna impress me this week in Lincoln?
Posted On: Aug 28th 2014, 1:14 PM #333580
D'Joun Smith finished last year third in the nation in INTs. Unfortunately with Nebraska's O-line leading the way for Ameer Abdullah, I don't see the need for the 'Huskers to the throw the ball that much. If the front 7 is able to stop the run, or at the least slow it down, Smith and the rest of DBs (arguably a top 5 defensive backfield in the G5 conferences) could make some plays. Bell may line against Smith, which could be a VERY entertaining matchup. DE Jason Ankrah will most likely line up against True Freshman Reginald Bain. It's almost unfair for Bain's first matchup be against such a good DE in an hostile environment like Lincoln. So, there's a matchup that y'all would like to watch because that's where you'll be able to disrupt the QB Quez Johnson's (C-USA Newcomer of the Year and team rushing leader) timing for his improved throwing skills in read option runs.
Posted On: Aug 28th 2014, 2:07 PM #333582

Ankrah graduated a couple years ago.  I think you may be thinking Gregory.  And I think it's unfair for just about any lineman going up against him.  Baptism by fire I guess for your freshman.
Posted On: Aug 28th 2014, 2:11 PM #333583

Doh! Thanks for the correction. That's what I get for replying while studying.  :Laughing:
Back to the top

Cunningham is back?  That's good.  Senior year. was hoping he'd heal up and get a shot.  Expecting to see Moore and Warren rotate quite a bit too.  

just keeping fingers crossed that we can stop the run on the defense side.
Back to the top

Grayowl is on site in Lincoln…sent over a couple shots.

This one is perplexing…a Husker Fan and his Big Wiener:

Back to the top

Bo Pelini took the time today during the Big Red Breakfast to discuss marijuana use across america and how he feels that its a problem and its out of control

http://m.omaha.com/huskers/big-red-breakfast-bo-pelini-calls-marijuana-out-of-control/article_f84a4552-2f83-11e4-a8ef-001a4bcf6878.html?mode=jqm

I mean, he does have an unemployed brother sleeping on his couch because of drugs, so I guess he has a point ;)
Back to the top

FAU Fan Supreme, Jim Slowiak:

You can read more about him and his wife Here.
Back to the top

TeamBeer will like this one…

Grayowls' pre-travel throwback set-up on the patio, neon style:

Back to the top

The Chickenhawk!!!
Back to the top

I think the city might eventually object. My response is similar to Johnny Football's on ESPN. 
Back to the top
Control functions: