Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Transfers Nick Internicola and Bryant Gross Armiento waiting on NCAA

Rutgers transfers Nick Internicola and Bryant Gross Armiento are at the mercy of the NCAA. FAU coach Charlie Partridge said Thursday after  practice that both players are awaiting word from the NCAA to see if they will be eligible to play this season.

Partridge confirmed that both Internicola and Gross Armiento have filed for hardship waivers with the NCAA, which would grant them eligibility to play right away instead of having to sit out a season.

“It’s in the NCAA’s hands now,” Partridge said. “We have turned in all the paperwork, and there is a lot of paperwork for us to turn in, just to tell why [Internicola] came home and why it was best for him and his family. The same with Bryant.”

Internicola (pictured) and Gross Armiento transferred to FAU in the offseason, for what they describe as "personal reasons." The two attended nearby University High School in Davie where current FAU assistant Roger Harriott use to be the head coach.

Internicola, a former three-star defensive end, would provide instant depth for a defensive line unit that lost it’s two top pass rushers to graduation. Armiento would provide a boost for a defense that enters camp in search of a third cornerback.

Partridge said his staff is preparing for the season as if both players will be eligible to play. Thursday at practice, Internicola saw time with the second defense and was also a member of the punt block team. Armiento rotated with a host of bodies at cornerback.

“You really have to move forward as if [Internicola] would be cleared to play. Obviously we’ll cross-train some other guys, but both of those kids came home for legitimate family reasons, so will see what the NCAA decides.”
Back to the top

Guarantee, this decision could really make or break the line. I'm confident in Bryant, Shalom, and Coley, but just one more body in there for depth could go a very long way. Especially in some crucial games in Laramie and Huntington, where defensive players staying fresh will be a must if we're going to have any chance of escaping with wins.

Any precedent set by the NCAA that will be cause for getting our hopes up? Wait, that would require the NCAA actually knowing wtf they're doing. So nevermind then, stupid question.
Back to the top

Bryant Gross Armiento is no longer with the Team.

Still awaiting word on Nick Internicola.
Back to the top

Well that was a very short stay! Any word on why?
Back to the top

Update from today:

Still awaiting word on Internicola…
Back to the top

Internicola's hardship waiver with the NCAA was denied. Accordingly he will not be eligible to play this season.
Back to the top

Rick said

Internicola's hardship waiver with the NCAA was denied. Accordingly he will not be eligible to play this season.
Posted On: Aug 28th 2014, 7:38 AM #333564

Sigh,

The NCAA just sucks.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

I hope Nick agrees to wait it out.He will be a great welcome addition next season. Too bad for him and this tears team. Hang in there Nick. Keep training and concentrate on school for now.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

I hope Nick agrees to wait it out.He will be a great welcome addition next season. Too bad for him and this tears team. Hang in there Nick. Keep training and concentrate on school for now.

Posted On: Aug 28th 2014, 4:37 PM #333590

He's committed, and not going anywhere!

Me thinks he will be a starter next season…

:cool:
Back to the top
Control functions: