Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FEARLESS PREDICTIONS: 2014 Week One - FAU vs Nebraska

Yes, Football is back, and with it the promise of cooler temperatures ahead - along side much fun to be had over the course of month's worth of weekends. It's once again time to fire up the grill in respite of a long week of work and get the remote programmed.

The Owls begin the 2014 slate in a familiar fashion - seeking a pay day - although there appears to be a different aura layering the cloth of continual tweets and other social posts welcoming the beginning of yet another year of FAU action.

Can they somehow find their way into the uncharted waters of Top 25 Upset City?

One could argue that the last two year's teams, despite eventual records, have overachieved. And with this new Season's dawning comes the welcomed additions of both momentum and expectations.

People with cash to spend quickly gobbled up an opening line of +24 points for the Owls, driving it down to as low as three scores before Vegas hedged.

As a Fan in the world of College Football it is always best to hold on to Hope. Those in the FAU Camp will likely huddle towards such collectively this weekend, wishing for a result similar to a now famed 2007 contest - one in which David took down Goliath 34-32 on the National Stage.

Saturday's contest in Lincoln may not align to the exact same level in comparison, but for the Owl Faithful a win in the end would be pretty close.

And who can blame them?

As for the "grounded view"…

Owls 20  Huskers 41

What says you??
Back to the top

Rick said

As for the "grounded view"…

Owls 20  Huskers 41

What says you??

Posted On: Aug 29th 2014, 7:38 AM #333594

Competitive for about a half (14 to 17 point deficit at half), run out of depth in the second half..42-24 Huskers.  Hoping to stay healthy.
Back to the top

The Owls finally pull the big upset. 
Quez carries the team to 75 yards rushing and 200 passing and 2TD's the D adds another 
Owls win 24-20.

Can I get a riots in the breezeway pic!!!
Back to the top

Heart:

FAU 28
NEB 27

Quez get us a late drive to steal the win.

Head

FAU 14
Neb 31

Its close for the 1st half, but as usuall a P5's 2nd string, is stonger then a G5 2nd string and they pull away.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Until we prove that we can constantly stop a pro style "run right down your throat" rushing game, I try not to get my hopes up against teams like this.

Nebraska - 34
Florida Atlantic - 20
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

The Owls finally pull the big upset. 
Quez carries the team to 75 yards rushing and 200 passing and 2TD's the D adds another 
Owls win 24-20.

Can I get a riots in the breezeway pic!!!
Posted On: Aug 29th 2014, 9:52 AM #333596

Have you already started drinking??

:Big-Grin:
Back to the top

Fearless prediction:
FAU upsets Nebraska with a late FG with Kirk and Bryant annihilating the run game.

Hopeful prediction:
FAU loses by a TD (mental victory) and we come out with no injuries.

Realistic prediction:
We play perfect football for 1 half, we take our foot off the throttle in the 2nd half and lose by 18 pts. :(

With that said:
Let go GO OWLS !!!! Let's show this CornHuskers how FEARLESS we can be!!!
Back to the top

If FAU defense can contain the run, it will be a close game. FAU for numerous seasons has been a first half team. Hopefully that will change under Partridge. 

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

We cover the spread play a solid 2 and half quarters of football. We have a bad turnover in our own end of the field, and thats when Neb takes over. Final score 31-13 Neb
Back to the top

What my head tells me:

We really need to stop the ground and pound style of running that Nebraska will be running tomorrow, we should have the passing attack covered with Parms and Smith on D.

That being said I do not expect a blow out due to a high volume of running plays, unfortunately I do see Nebraska getting constant first downs keeping it on the ground.

On a much lighter note I can't wait to see how our offense preforms, i'm expecting the Owls to score on there first drive and keep Nebraska on it's toes

But in the end I expect this gave to be much like the FAU V. Georgia game keeping it tight in the beginning, losing ground going into the end of the half and ultimately losing the game in the 2nd half

At Half: 14-24

Final: 17-38

Fan Fiction Time:
Nebraska starts with the ball, drives down to the FAU 20, D'joun smith picks it and takes it to the house

7-0 Owls

Carl Frustrated with his new starting QB (armstong) Bo puts in his backup Fyfe in, whom puts together a good drive resulting in a field goal

7-3 Owls

Owls making there first offensive drive count taking it 82 yards in 10 plays ending with a lucky whitehead 18 yard TD

14-3 Owls

Fyfe whom has very few first team reps starts to show weakness in his second drive, the shotgun snap goes over his head and is recovered by Kirk

Quez takes over and on the second play of the drive bombs a 30 yarder to Duke who takes it the rest of the way.

21-3 Owls at the half

….Nebraska is so embarrassed by their performance in the first half they don't leave the locker room, Bo Pelini is fired after the Owls are declared wins and FAU is the reason behind the Pelini brothers being jobless
Back to the top