Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FEARLESS PREDICTIONS: 2014 Week One - FAU vs Nebraska

Matthew Kordas said

What my head tells me:

We really need to stop the ground and pound style of running that Nebraska will be running tomorrow, we should have the passing attack covered with Parms and Smith on D.

That being said I do not expect a blow out due to a high volume of running plays, unfortunately I do see Nebraska getting constant first downs keeping it on the ground.

On a much lighter note I can't wait to see how our offense preforms, i'm expecting the Owls to score on there first drive and keep Nebraska on it's toes

But in the end I expect this gave to be much like the FAU V. Georgia game keeping it tight in the beginning, losing ground going into the end of the half and ultimately losing the game in the 2nd half

At Half: 14-24

Final: 17-38         

Fan Fiction Time:
Nebraska starts with the ball, drives down to the FAU 20, D'joun smith picks it and takes it to the house

7-0 Owls

Carl Frustrated with his new starting QB (armstong) Carl puts in his backup Fyfe in, whom puts together a good drive resulting in a field goal  

7-3 Owls

Owls making there first offensive drive count taking it 82 yards in 10 plays ending with a lucky whitehead 18 yard TD

14-3 Owls

Fyfe whom has very few first team reps starts to show weakness in his second drive, the shotgun snap goes over his head and is recovered by Kirk

Quez takes over and on the second play of the drive bombs a 30 yarder to Duke who takes it the rest of the way.

21-3 Owls at the half

….Nebraska is so embarrassed by their performance in the first half they don't leave the locker room, Carl Pelini is fired after the Owls are declared wins and FAU is the reason behind the Pelini brothers being jobless
Posted On: Aug 29th 2014, 1:06 PM #333606

Bo?
Back to the top

Tim FAU98 said

Matthew Kordas said

What my head tells me:

We really need to stop the ground and pound style of running that Nebraska will be running tomorrow, we should have the passing attack covered with Parms and Smith on D.

That being said I do not expect a blow out due to a high volume of running plays, unfortunately I do see Nebraska getting constant first downs keeping it on the ground.

On a much lighter note I can't wait to see how our offense preforms, i'm expecting the Owls to score on there first drive and keep Nebraska on it's toes

But in the end I expect this gave to be much like the FAU V. Georgia game keeping it tight in the beginning, losing ground going into the end of the half and ultimately losing the game in the 2nd half

At Half: 14-24

Final: 17-38         

Fan Fiction Time:
Nebraska starts with the ball, drives down to the FAU 20, D'joun smith picks it and takes it to the house

7-0 Owls

Carl Frustrated with his new starting QB (armstong) Carl puts in his backup Fyfe in, whom puts together a good drive resulting in a field goal  

7-3 Owls

Owls making there first offensive drive count taking it 82 yards in 10 plays ending with a lucky whitehead 18 yard TD

14-3 Owls

Fyfe whom has very few first team reps starts to show weakness in his second drive, the shotgun snap goes over his head and is recovered by Kirk

Quez takes over and on the second play of the drive bombs a 30 yarder to Duke who takes it the rest of the way.

21-3 Owls at the half

….Nebraska is so embarrassed by their performance in the first half they don't leave the locker room, Carl Pelini is fired after the Owls are declared wins and FAU is the reason behind the Pelini brothers being jobless
Posted On: Aug 29th 2014, 1:06 PM #333606

Bo?
Posted On: Aug 29th 2014, 1:17 PM #333607

yes Bo, wow cant believe i messed that up, Thanks
Back to the top

I'm really not sold on the Nebraska offense. If we can stop the run I think FAU really can win the game. I predict Quez throws for at least 300 yards and defense gets at least 2 TOs. Unfortunately for the Owls I think Nebraska win 30-17 as we will lose in the trenches. I would really be shocked if Nebraska does cover the spread.
Back to the top

You think we have a shot at winning but Nebraska covers?

I loved +24, still do. Always hoping for the upset but predict we lose this one by 17
Back to the top

Maybe it was my way of dealing with the summer doldrums or just not paying attention but I honestly have no clue about Coach Partridge's plans, ideas, or visions.  Therefore my prediction is based upon absolutely nothing.  I'll say:    38-17 Nebraska.  

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

Cyrus said

I'm really not sold on the Nebraska offense. If we can stop the run I think FAU really can win the game. I predict Quez throws for at least 300 yards and defense gets at least 2 TOs. Unfortunately for the Owls I think Nebraska win 30-17 as we will lose in the trenches. I would really be shocked if Nebraska doesn't cover the spread.
Posted On: Aug 29th 2014, 1:43 PM #333612

???  You just predicted Nebraska wouldn't cover the spread.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

LINCOLN, Neb. – Well heck, Owls loyalists. As these moneyed openers go, I feel oddly optimistic for a good showing. 
  The last time I felt this way at a major opponent's game was at Kansas State a number of years ago. I thought that we could win, if we did not beat ourselves. 
  As best I recall, Kansas State ran the opening kickoff back for a TD, and never looked back. After a lengthy lightning delay, the Owls stumbled and staggered to a 45-0 hammering. 
  For tomorrow? Get down early, and it gets very ugly. Stay competitive for a half and, well, it could be respectable. 
  However, I have not had enough to drink to attach a predicted score to these thoughts. Stay tuned. 
Back to the top

If Nebraska scores first and second, look out. Final: Huskers 28, Owls 10. But if the Owls score first, Huskers 28, Owls 3. If the Owls score first and second , look out! FAU 35, Nebraska 31. 

One of these days ….
Back to the top

Our D line vs an O line that averages 325lbs....that looks like 4-5 yards per carry....and they have a stud RB....looks like a 44-14 Nebraska win....

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Typo. Shocked if they do cover the spread.
Back to the top