Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GAME DAY THREAD: FAU @ #22 Nebraska - 08/30/14 @ 3:30 PM

Add topic

knapplc said

Hi guys.  Husker fan checking in again.  Not sure what to say about this game.  I think Nebraska Fan is as shocked at the outcome as FAU Fan. Nobody in Lincoln, and I mean NOBODY, saw this coming.

Not sure what either team can take from this game.  If the first couple of drives you guys had is indicative of your potential, I think you'll be fine this year.  It seemed there was a lot of demoralization going on after Nebraska scored their second time, and it kinda snowballed from there.  

Hope your QB is OK.  I'll be rooting for the Owls against Alabama.  
Posted On: Aug 30th 2014, 9:40 PM #333822

Congrats on the win, it was a let down for us, but you guys should turn some heads.

Best wishes down the road!

Back to the top

any word on djon smith? I know he had a wrist injury
Back to the top

USMCOWL said

any word on djon smith? I know he had a wrist injury
Posted On: Aug 30th 2014, 10:36 PM #333830

We should honestly just send the reserves out against bama all game to preserve our guys gor conference play. Absolutely no need to put anyone at injury risk.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

Local Owl said

We are not awful. Just out matched. We are trying to stop one of the best RB's in the country. Not very successful.
Posted On: Aug 30th 2014, 5:31 PM #333745
Outmatched this isn't Bama bis is Big 10 team. That won't finish In the top 50.
Roc is garbage we had the 11th ranked D and Charlie let that coach walk…………

Posted On: Aug 30th 2014, 5:35 PM #333747

Well… this Big 10 team just put up almost 800 yards of total offense on your a$$. Big Ten record, by the way. Thanks for that!:cool: 
Back to the top

So where's that big talking DB "owlcountry40" at?

Talking sh*t about the Big Ten… Well thanks for the all time Big Ten total yardage record. Appreciate it :cool:
Back to the top

Abdullah is a hell of a back, and we were so outmatched at the line we even let Armstrong look good. He didnt look comfortable on the 3 occasions where we got in the backfield though, and threw bad balls, that'll make or break Nebraskas season. 

My MAJOR concern is around our secondary. What the hell happened yesterday? Roc talked about moving to more zone coverage this summer as our man was too simple and the guys could handle more…well MOVE IT BACK!!! I get that Armstrong stood back there untouched for 5 seconds at a time but wow did we get burned, on every pass it seemed. If thats our advanced zone scheme we just turned one of the nations best secondaries into the worst.
Back to the top

Hes off starting a www.fireroc.com website
Back to the top

What's worse…Losing to a historic program like Nebraska 55-7 or Losing to a historic FCS Bethune Cookman 14-12, oh yeah at home to boot!

I told a friend about our loss (a Gator fan), he said well its Nebraska…I have a feeling if I told him we lost to Bethune Cookman at home he would have had a different reaction with a lot of chuckling!
Back to the top

I know we are shell shocked with this huge loss. We've played ranked teams before. 
I think Pelini ran up the score. Since when do you try to score a TD with 2 seconds left in the first half when you are ahead by 30 points. 
I am disappointed it was so lopsided. I was expecting it to be much closer. 

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

The behind the back catch is all over the morning news. 

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top
Control functions: