Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

sick of this

Add topic

Really sick of these money games. With the revenue from the C-USA tv deals and the new Boca Bowl coming in December, we have absolutely no business playing power 5 teams. Look, I get it, we are a relatively new program with a LONG way to go before we can start talking about competing for national championships but there's no reason we can't be like Fresno State, Marshall or the other dominate mid major programs that have been near the top of mid major college football for a while now. But these money games have to stop. It's not right to put our team in an 0-3 hole every season and expect a bowl appearance. I pin this loss squarely on the idiot that is Craig Angelos. He should have had the foresight to see that these wouldn't be necessary anymore. When will we stop with these money games? 
Back to the top

CA didnt have a clue, had he still been around we would have another 5 years of these games. Its changing now, but takes years for scheduling changes to take hold.

For our OOC games, lets play Rutgers, Wake Forest, Iowa St, all on 1 n 1s, we have a shot and an even better shot of not setting an ncaa record for a** kickings
Back to the top

teambeer said

CA didnt have a clue, had he still been around we would have another 5 years of these games. Its changing now, but takes years for scheduling changes to take hold.

For our OOC games, lets play Rutgers, Wake Forest, Iowa St, all on 1 n 1s, we have a shot and an even better shot of not setting an ncaa record for a** kickings
Posted On: Aug 31st 2014, 6:56 AM #333849

I was thinking more like playing an FCS school at home to open up every year, two games against teams from the MAC/AAC/SunBelt/MWC and then maybe one game against a lower level power 5 school that can still be a money game but we just wouldn't be getting paid as much. Maybe play at Indiana or at Kansas. It felt great opening up against Wagner two years ago and we actually expected to start the season off with a W
Back to the top

I understand the financial benefits, but from a football team point of view, this stinks. It seems our goal is to start the season 0-2 and as healthy as possible. I know this affects the team moral, confidence,and general feel as to how good they really are. The coaches can't say anything. I know the local fan base is tired of it. It stinks watching espn show highlights of our game. FAU wants to fill the stadium, but when we present a team to our local public that is already at the bottom statistically, that is close to impossible. A different business plan is needed and needed quickly. We don't need to play The university of  nowhere, but how about a team we have a chance with.
Back to the top

LawOwl said

teambeer said

Posted On: Aug 31st 2014, 6:56 AM #333849

I was thinking more like playing an FCS school at home to open up every year, two games against teams from the MAC/AAC/SunBelt/MWC and then maybe one game against a lower level power 5 school that can still be a money game but we just wouldn't be getting paid as much. Maybe play at Indiana or at Kansas. It felt great opening up against Wagner two years ago and we actually expected to start the season off with a W
Posted On: Aug 31st 2014, 7:20 AM #333850

No thank you to FCS.  Comparable Div 1 teams, but FCS does not get people in the stands.  See Wagoner.  And scheduling takes years to implement since they are generally locked down years in advance.  
Back to the top

I wouldn't mind a FAMU or BC game to open the year.  I agree with money games being demoralizing.
Back to the top

I agree but it coulkd be MUCH worse, we could be FIU - losers of 2 in a row to BC (NOT Boston College - ha ha!).
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

I agree but it coulkd be MUCH worse, we could be FIU - losers of 2 in a row to BC (NOT Boston College - ha ha!).
Posted On: Aug 31st 2014, 11:52 AM #333875

Lol where that is true. The OOC schedule we have next year is more of what I'd like to see. The one pay out game vs. UF while hosting Buffalo and Miami and traveling to Tulsa. That's actually a dream scenario for scheduling from here on out. I really hope it's like that from next year on. I believe the only pay out game we have in 2016 is at Wisconsin so I hope Pat Chun keeps it like this moving forward because there's absolutely no reason to start 0-2 every season anymore. WE ARE NOT IN THE SUN BELT CONFERENCE ANYMORE! 
Back to the top

owlmart said

I wouldn't mind a FAMU or BC game to open the year.  I agree with money games being demoralizing.

Posted On: Aug 31st 2014, 10:05 AM #333864

FAMU still owes us a home game. I want their entire band performing at halftime.
Back to the top

voss749 said

owlmart said

Posted On: Aug 31st 2014, 10:05 AM #333864

FAMU still owes us a home game. I want their entire band performing at halftime.
Posted On: Aug 31st 2014, 4:26 PM #333881

Me too!
Back to the top
Control functions: