Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GAME DAY THREAD: FAU @ #22 Nebraska - 08/30/14 @ 3:30 PM

Add topic

GeorgiaOwl said

Cyrus said

The outcome is a bit of a surprise, but no need to push the panic button. Realistically we were gonna start 0-2 with Tulsa setting the tone for the season. I must say though, I did not believe the margin of defeat was going to be so huge. Either Nebraska is going to be a real player or the disparity in talent between the Owls and the "Big Boys" is still very much there.
Posted On: Aug 30th 2014, 9:57 PM #333825

Yes to both of your points Cyrus.
Posted On: Aug 31st 2014, 11:33 AM #333872

+2

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

Ronniehuskerron said

owlcountry40 said

Local Owl said

We are not awful. Just out matched. We are trying to stop one of the best RB's in the country. Not very successful.
Posted On: Aug 30th 2014, 5:31 PM #333745

Outmatched this isn't Bama bis is Big 10 team. That won't finish In the top 50. 
Roc is garbage we had the 11th ranked D and Charlie let that coach walk…………
Posted On: Aug 30th 2014, 5:35 PM #333747

I'd take the bet on being in the top 50 for any amount of money.  

I do agree the Owl D looked way better last year.   It's still early though.  
Posted On: Aug 31st 2014, 8:18 PM #333898

Hey Ronnie, don't pay attention to 40 he is the local board moron.  We humor him by responding to his idiotic and childish posts.

That is one heck of a running back two steps and he is running full spread and he makes moves that are unbelievable.  Congrats and give em heck in the big 10, solid conference but I think you guys might really have something this year.
Posted On: Aug 31st 2014, 9:01 PM #333902
Yea I'm a Moron the same moron that said Howard was doping a poor job recruiting at then end then we go 1-11 the same guy that said Carl wasn't a good coach or good for the program them we all know what happen. 
I'm sorry I call it like a see it a high school team giving up 500 rushing yards to a NFL team would be embarrassing. 
Yesterday was pathetic.
Charlie will regret letting Dewitt walk.
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

Ronniehuskerron said

owlcountry40 said

Local Owl said

We are not awful. Just out matched. We are trying to stop one of the best RB's in the country. Not very successful.
Posted On: Aug 30th 2014, 5:31 PM #333745

Outmatched this isn't Bama bis is Big 10 team. That won't finish In the top 50. 
Roc is garbage we had the 11th ranked D and Charlie let that coach walk…………
Posted On: Aug 30th 2014, 5:35 PM #333747

I'd take the bet on being in the top 50 for any amount of money.  

I do agree the Owl D looked way better last year.   It's still early though.  
Posted On: Aug 31st 2014, 8:18 PM #333898

Hey Ronnie, don't pay attention to 40 he is the local board moron.  We humor him by responding to his idiotic and childish posts.

That is one heck of a running back two steps and he is running full spread and he makes moves that are unbelievable.  Congrats and give em heck in the big 10, solid conference but I think you guys might really have something this year.
Posted On: Aug 31st 2014, 9:01 PM #333902

Thanks - every board has a few that are head scratchers.  

Ameer is set for a good year this year.   He had 1690 yards last year and came back bigger and faster - was a leader in drills and weight room in the off season.  Best of all, he has a better line this year (less experienced, but much improved especially on the left side and at tackle). 

I've read quite a few of the comments on here about the Owl Defense, but it's hard to gauge where they will end up after a few more games and experience.  They have potential to come around.  And the thing that the Husker D has in common with the Owl defense is difficulty tackling Ameer (he's an elusive, quick, hard to tackle back in practice too).  

I wonder if the outcome would be closer or not had Carl P not flamed out at FAU.  Carl had a knack for building good defensive lines.  Partridge will be a better coach long term and you are better off, no doubt.  Saturday FAU needed more DL aggression and push. It was a tough day for the Owl defense and that falls squarely on the defensive coaches.  There may be some talent on D, but they haven't quite marshaled that talent to work together.  

That said - I like your QB a lot.  Guy is a stud and if healthy, he can make the difference of being in games 3-12 this year in a big way.  

Whitehead has potential too, and the RB ran hard whether the hole was there or not.  

I think you have a really good Offensive Coordinator who will get those weapons lined up and firing well yet this year.  

It would be easy to let this type of loss demoralize the team and the fan base.   It a good time for players to dig deep and tackle hard.  And a good time for fans to have short memories and big hearts.  

I think FAU can still have a pretty darn good season, but there's a lot of hard work ahead.  
Back to the top

Realistically we all knew we were going to start the season 0-2. It wasn't about winning the game per se, it was about competing well enough in the game so that we have faith in the rest of our season and showing the rest of the country that FAU is one of the GOOD mid-major teams.

Even after a one day post-game cool-down period, our defense in this game is still shocking. After the game Partridge talked about how we were deficient in the fundamentals - like tackling - which should not be the case for a team returning this many players that was bowl eligible last season and had, by nearly all reports, a very promising preseason.

Partridge even talked about game-planning for Nebraska much earlier than expected... think he said May? All that time, all that practice, and we still let them have over 700 yards of total offense. Overnight we became a national punchline.
Back to the top

Seriously 40, just shut the heck up you are an ambarrasment to yourself and the entire program.

SHUT UP YOU MORON!!!

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

Seriously 40, just shut the heck up you are an ambarrasment to yourself and the entire program.

SHUT UP YOU MORON!!!
Posted On: Aug 31st 2014, 10:07 PM #333911

Explain how…
Back to the top

Wow is dusky all hurt. Dude my knowledge of college football is way beyond yours and you need to accept that.
Just because  I don't come on here a speak a bunch of positive bull after giving up 900 yards. 

Truth hurts man don't blame me.
Back to the top

Also Dusky I think the program would be better with out you people like you accept loosing. I don't care what the circumstances are I don't take loosing whether it's Bama or 72 dolphins I want and to expect to win every game.
Go be and FIU and you can expect to go 1-10 and have all the Moral victory's you want. 
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

Wow is dusky all hurt. Dude my knowledge of college football is way beyond yours and you need to accept that.
Just because  I don't come on here a speak a bunch of positive bull after giving up 900 yards. 

Posted On: Aug 31st 2014, 10:56 PM #333915

You're the best!

Your knowledge on cfb is clearly superior.   I bow to your brilliance and eloquence.  

You define greatness incarnate.  

You understand being a fan better than all others combined.  

We good?
Back to the top

Ronniehuskerron said

owlcountry40 said

Posted On: Aug 31st 2014, 10:56 PM #333915
You're the best!

Your knowledge on cfb is clearly superior.   I bow to your brilliance and eloquence.

You define greatness incarnate.

You understand being a fan better than all others combined.

We good?
Posted On: Sep 1st 2014, 10:50 AM #333919
If this was in RED it would POST OF THE YEAR!
Back to the top
Control functions: