Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GAME DAY THREAD: FAU @ #22 Nebraska - 08/30/14 @ 3:30 PM

Add topic

GeorgiaOwl said

Ronniehuskerron said

owlcountry40 said

Wow is dusky all hurt. Dude my knowledge of college football is way beyond yours and you need to accept that.
Just because  I don't come on here a speak a bunch of positive bull after giving up 900 yards.

Truth hurts man don't blame me.

Posted On: Aug 31st 2014, 10:56 PM #333915
You're the best!

Your knowledge on cfb is clearly superior.   I bow to your brilliance and eloquence.

You define greatness incarnate.

You understand being a fan better than all others combined.

We good?
Posted On: Sep 1st 2014, 10:50 AM #333919
If this was in RED it would POST OF THE YEAR!
Posted On: Sep 1st 2014, 1:59 PM #333925

I'm rooting for FAU to win 8 this year - it's entirely possible too. Have a great season my Owl friends.  
Back to the top

I'm hoping to be bowl eligible. 40 ..you have the right to your opinion,but before you hit "post" reread it and smooth out some of the sharp edges. I don't always disagree with you but you can tick some people off with your delivery. This site is filled with homers that want nothing but for FAU to win.  It still may be a while before that happens. Time will tell.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

I'm hoping to be bowl eligible. 40 ..you have the right to your opinion,but before you hit "post" reread it and smooth out some of the sharp edges. I don't always disagree with you but you can tick some people off with your delivery. This site is filled with homers that want nothing but for FAU to win.  It still may be a while before that happens. Time will tell.
Posted On: Sep 1st 2014, 2:38 PM #333930

I agree with ya Local OLwl, my main "complaint" wioth 40 is he just gets going and goes on and on and…

I hope we are all homers for the Owls here and we were ALL VERY DISAPPOINTED in the game Sat.
I just hope to become compoetitive with the BigBoys and really don't expect a win until we can get them in our house someday. If ya look at the David vs. Goliath uosets they mostly happen when the BigBoys leave their home turf, which is also quite rare.

In fact that is the very first area I beleive needs changed in NCAA football, the disparity of H-A games giving the Big Boys with nearly all the advantages already the very biggerst one. Until the NCAA mandates equal H-A schedules (no more 8H-1A-1N, 8H-4A. 7H-5A), there will not ne even a remotely level playing field. The gap is actually widening each year and this year followed that week 1 pattern.

And I know THAT will NEVER Happen!
Back to the top

Musing about the Nebraska after a 500-mile drive home: In addition to being surprised, I was disappointed. This was as bad a beat-down, if not worse, than any I have seen for the Owls – and that's a lot of beat-downs (Florida, Texas, Alabama, Nebraska a few years back, Kansas State, Oklahoma state twice…). I thought the bright spots were the punter and Lucky Whitehead on the returns. I know some complained that the punter didn't get the ball inside the 20. But believe me, he averted disastrous field position a number of times. All in all, I cannot think of others. I suppose you could argue that the first offensive drive was a s bright spot. But it was overwhelmed by subsequent offensive sequences. Sometimes, the Owls held the ball about 60 seconds. When I got home, I watched a recording of the Wyoming game. The Cowboys have a couple of pretty good up-the-middle runners….
Back to the top

There is nothing positive about this game. I don't care who we played you don't give up 500 yards on the ground.
People like Dusky can spin it all they want and cry we shouldn't play these teams. But we are in year 13 I'm done getting blown out.

And thank you for telling me I know the most about college football.
But I already know that.
Back to the top

grayowl said

Musing about the Nebraska after a 500-mile drive home: In addition to being surprised, I was disappointed. This was as bad a beat-down, if not worse, than any I have seen for the Owls – and that's a lot of beat-downs (Florida, Texas, Alabama, Nebraska a few years back, Kansas State, Oklahoma state twice…). I thought the bright spots were the punter and Lucky Whitehead on the returns. I know some complained that the punter didn't get the ball inside the 20. But believe me, he averted disastrous field position a number of times. All in all, I cannot think of others. I suppose you could argue that the first offensive drive was a s bright spot. But it was overwhelmed by subsequent offensive sequences. Sometimes, the Owls held the ball about 60 seconds. When I got home, I watched a recording of the Wyoming game. The Cowboys have a couple of pretty good up-the-middle runners….
Posted On: Sep 1st 2014, 6:09 PM #333936

Wyoming will be a good test too! But they ARE NOT the level of Nebraska and our DT's are suppossed to be a strength of this team, lots of experience and size.

Last year UM and Auburn ran at will against us too but we did REAL well vs. our own kind. That same result can and needs to happen this year.

To the New DC (Roc) if your new "schemes" are too difficult and cause the D to regress, can em and go back to what these men PROVED they could do well last season - out athlete them and let 'em ALL flow too the ball! Aggressive swarming D not a slow reacting thinking D like we have tried to install here in years past TO GREAT DISASTER!

I think the person who should ne most disappointed with the game would by Mr. Bryamt  as he became the focus of much pre-game media atention and for a D and DL to give up that many yards in front of your family, OUCH!

Brandin (AND THE ENTIRE D), use this game (and the next, unfortunately) to get ready for a 10 game win streak, don't let this game  bring you or the team down at all. USE IT FOR MOTIVATION!
Back to the top

grayowl said

Posted On: Sep 1st 2014, 6:09 PM #333936

I think Quez is a bright spot.  Maybe we already knew that but him and Whitehead were picking the D apart, it just so happened we missed a FG and then he got hurt a little later.
Back to the top

40 !! C'mon man! Reread it. Yes , we all are tired. Leave it at that.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

There is nothing positive about this game. I don't care who we played you don't give up 500 yards on the ground.
People like Dusky can spin it all they want and cry we shouldn't play these teams. But we are in year 13 I'm done getting blown out.

And thank you for telling me I know the most about college football.
But I already know that.
Posted On: Sep 1st 2014, 6:18 PM #333937

Yes there is 40, the game is now over and in the past and apparantly no real bad injuries came out of it.

We got our $1M butt whooping, we are fixin to get another ("thank you sir, may I have another" - KB) so we will make our budget and then try to win the next 10 or 12! No matter what happened in Lincoln, it can still happen! The glass is half full 40 - GO OWLS!
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

There is nothing positive about this game.
Posted On: Sep 1st 2014, 6:18 PM #333937

Dalton Schomp.

Lucky Whitehead.

Back to the top
Control functions: