Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

So what was the president of the FAU foundation doing on Gameday?

100% agree OwlBroker.
Back to the top

Her working at FAU and going to a FSU game isn't an issue, I've had professors talk about going to FSU/UF/UM games really no big deal.  The problem is as she put it she is "VP for Institutional Advancement at @FlaAtlanticU" its really hard to take her serious about advancing one institution if she is wearing paraphernalia of another University that the one she works at is trying to compete with along with attend that other universities football game and promoting the fact that you are there  
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

owlfamily said

Ok,

Now a lot of folks here are FAU grads and proud of our teams. Lets say you move on and get a job at another institution that has football. Both play on the same day. Which one do you attend? The one you work at or the school you went to?  Do you put your job ahead of your Alma?

Just because someone WORKS at a place does that mean that all previous ties are now void? I dont know the answer but I think you all are making a much bigger deal of this then it should be. If she was on vacation (its is Labor day weekend after all) and chose to see her Alma play then that is fine.
Posted On: Aug 31st 2014, 5:42 PM #333884
The fact that many of us are upset proves that it was wrong. 
The real question is will any one do anything. Should someone send this to the UP simply send her a private message on twitter?

Posted On: Aug 31st 2014, 7:30 PM #333891

No it doesn't.  It means the majority of you get butthurt over ANYTHING you PERCEIVE to be negative with the university.  It's a harmless situation and I seriously doubt there would be donors in Lincoln, NE looking to support FAU, even though I'm sure some of the people in this thread have expectations of her stopping at Warren Buffet's house before her flight out for a check.

Get a grip on reality.
Back to the top

sigep77 said

owlcountry40 said

owlfamily said

Ok,

Now a lot of folks here are FAU grads and proud of our teams. Lets say you move on and get a job at another institution that has football. Both play on the same day. Which one do you attend? The one you work at or the school you went to?  Do you put your job ahead of your Alma?

Just because someone WORKS at a place does that mean that all previous ties are now void? I dont know the answer but I think you all are making a much bigger deal of this then it should be. If she was on vacation (its is Labor day weekend after all) and chose to see her Alma play then that is fine.
The real question is will any one do anything. Should someone send this to the UP simply send her a private message on twitter?

No it doesn't.  It means the majority of you get butthurt over ANYTHING you PERCEIVE to be negative with the university.  It's a harmless situation and I seriously doubt there would be donors in Lincoln, NE looking to support FAU, even though I'm sure some of the people in this thread have expectations of her stopping at Warren Buffet's house before her flight out for a check.

Get a grip on reality.
Posted On: Sep 1st 2014, 9:28 AM #333917

Reality is the fact that this was a silly thing to do at best…
Go ahead and tweet out that you decided to spend some time promoting devcon security on an adt account and let me know how that goes over.

It is perception…and it is scary someone in her position is blind to see that, and scarier if the university doesn't at least explain that to her. Yes I am a donor, and yes it pisses me off.
Back to the top

OwlBroker said

sigep77 said

owlcountry40 said

owlfamily said

Ok,

Get a grip on reality.
Posted On: Sep 1st 2014, 9:28 AM #333917

Reality is the fact that this was a silly thing to do at best…
Go ahead and tweet out that you decided to spend some time promoting devcon security on an adt account and let me know how that goes over.

It is perception…and it is scary someone in her position is blind to see that, and scarier if the university doesn't at least explain that to her. Yes I am a donor, and yes it pisses me off.
Posted On: Sep 1st 2014, 10:36 AM #333918

We bought DEVCON well over a year ago.

Your analogy is off base.  She is not promoting anything here as you posit, she is enjoying a weekend watching her alma mater with what appears to be a friend.  Is she fundraising for FSU in this pic?  No.  Do you know her schedule for the remainder of the fall?  No.

There are people with the specific task of cultivating donors and donations for athletics and that is just a small piece of the pie Joanne covers.  If she has to be on top of her people all the time at every event, then the wrong people are in place and I'm confident that the three people I have worked with in athletics for donations, they are more than capable of handling away games on their own.  
Back to the top

Perception becomes reality….period end of story. Social media can be a great tool if used properly and a horrible one for those that don't have the sense to use it. No issue enjoying herself… Perhaps she should so what most folks do and have a personal social media profile then. Sends a wrong message to tweet multiple things about another chsoll and their program on the day we have our season opener, and nothing at all about our own program.

The fact that some folks can't see that is exactly why our program is where it is in terms of fund raising etc. This would never happen at a big boy program…never.

These are the things that are "ok because it is FAU"' until we change that mentality internally and externally, and it has to start internally, things will not change.
Back to the top

100% agree owlbroker.
Back to the top

Is she still (interim) President of the FAU Foundation?

Don't believe that is the case…
Back to the top

Rick said

Is she still (interim) President of the FAU Foundation?

Don't believe that is the case…
Posted On: Sep 1st 2014, 1:08 PM #333923

Hmmmmm
Back to the top

According to their website she is the CEO.

Unless that site is outdated.
Back to the top
Control functions: