Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

So what was the president of the FAU foundation doing on Gameday?

owl2Doc said

According to their website she is the CEO.

Unless that site is outdated.
Posted On: Sep 1st 2014, 10:11 PM #333951

Yes the website and her twitter handle shows she is currently CEO of the foundation.
Back to the top

owl2Doc said

According to their website she is the CEO.

Unless that site is outdated.
Posted On: Sep 1st 2014, 10:11 PM #333951

Check back next week…

Back to the top

Eh…fundraising is alot about PR….Probably pretty benign, but this doesn't look good though….gotta be careful with social media when you're in a position like that….

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Just to put this in perspective, anyone know what Schnelly - FAU's current Ambassador for Development and Athletics - was doing on game day when FAU was in Nebraska? He was in Louisville promoting his new book before the Cards played Miami that Monday. Obvious connections to both schools. Nobody had a problem with that.

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

canadianowl said

Just to put this in perspective, anyone know what Schnelly - FAU's current Ambassador for Development and Athletics - was doing on game day when FAU was in Nebraska? He was in Louisville promoting his new book before the Cards played Miami that Monday. Obvious connections to both schools. Nobody had a problem with that.
Posted On: Sep 8th 2014, 12:48 PM #334375

I know that, and thought of it as well. But….I don't place those two things in the same ballpark. Howard coache at Miami and Louisville. He wrote a book and is promoting it. Sure he has a figurehead position here, but at the end of the day he is not working everyday all day for the school. If he was full time CEO of the foundation I would have an issue with it, but he is not. Also I don't  think anyone doubts for a second his allegiance to FAU.
Back to the top

yaaaaawwwwwwn.
Back to the top

Tim FAU98 said

yaaaaawwwwwwn.
Posted On: Sep 8th 2014, 8:06 PM #334400

Agreed, let's keep accepting mediocrity! In fact F the donors, let's just play 5 money games a year instead!
Back to the top

This would never be acceptable at a major university. But it is ok at FAU. Your correct Owl Broker, lets just stay below average, never gain in attendance, never become a profitable program and just make money some where else. Money games make money but demoralize the team and fan base and prevents promotion of a winning program.I just don't understand FAU when I compare them to the other teams that I have a connection with. I want them to progress but they keep doing things that make me shake my head.
Back to the top

OwlBroker said

Tim FAU98 said

yaaaaawwwwwwn.
Posted On: Sep 8th 2014, 8:06 PM #334400

Agreed, let's keep accepting mediocrity! In fact F the donors, let's just play 5 money games a year instead!
Posted On: Sep 8th 2014, 8:56 PM #334401

Have you called or written a letter to complain?  Stop donating and tell them why.
Back to the top

I'm with OwlBroker on this one.  Not sure how anybody can defend this.  I'm not saying it's something she should lose her job over, but it is a pretty stupid thing to do for someone in her position to do…she should know better.    
Back to the top
Control functions: