Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FEARLESS PREDICTIONS: 2014 Week Two - FAU vs Alabama

As the French say, "plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose".

Or, the more that things change, the more they stay the same.

Last time on the field against Alabama in 2012 one of the main story lines was whether or not FAU would be able to score.

Thankfully, the Owls were able to stop the Crimson Tide's attempt at a third straight shut-out courtesy of a 15-play, 75-yard scoring drive late in the fourth quarter which was aided by two fourth down conversions.

Fast forward to this year's meeting and you almost have the same situation.

Florida Atlantic managed only seven points against a Husker squad they should have put at least 17 on, and now find themselves going up against a much more stout defense.

Or do they?

Alabama had held opponents to no more than 17 points for an entire nine game span last season - only to see their three most recent contest opponents go for 23 points or better.

Advantage Owls? They will take anything they can get obviously.

However, there is a White Elephant in the room and it is the number two team in the land.

While this game is almost assuredly a loss for FAU, they could net a win while holding the ball - providing they can put forth a reasonable scoring effort.

What would that number be?

At this point, and considering the competition, anything better than last week will do.

Especially since folks are expecting a 44-4 outcome, which is not achievable by traditional scoring methodology.

Owls 13  Crimson Tide 47

What says you??

Back to the top

Alabama by ruthlessness.
Back to the top

I think it'll be a wet one….Bama will run alot….our offense will struggle in tougher conditions….we'll see their #2 QB in the 4th… .35-3…

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Silver_Bullet32 said

I think it'll be a wet one…
Posted On: Sep 5th 2014, 10:18 AM #334099

Just checked the forecasts across the major sites…looks like they all agree on somewhere between 40-50% and that the first half should be ok…after that, well…….

We aren't a good weather Team historically, so hope that it isn't a repeat of Michigan State.

Back to the top

Rick said

Silver_Bullet32 said

Just checked the forecasts across the major sites…looks like they all agree on somewhere between 40-50% and that the first half should be ok…after that, well…….

We aren't a good weather Team historically, so hope that it isn't a repeat of Michigan State.

Posted On: Sep 5th 2014, 10:26 AM #334100

Does it really matter…let's just get this over with and get our season started next week.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

Does it really matter…
Posted On: Sep 5th 2014, 10:33 AM #334102

Obviously, someone's hacked into Dusky's account.

Back to the top

dusky256fc said

Rick said

Silver_Bullet32 said

Does it really matter…let's just get this over with and get our season started next week.
what a pathetic loser attitude.
UTSA almost beat UA last night. I'm so tired of fans still accepting getting crushed.

Back to the top

41-17 Alabama. FAU scores two touchdowns but against Bama's reserves. Johnson plays the first half, before being pulled to rest him for Tulsa.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

dusky256fc said

Rick said

Silver_Bullet32 said

what a pathetic loser attitude.
UTSA almost beat UA last night. I'm so tired of fans still accepting getting crushed.

Posted On: Sep 5th 2014, 10:43 AM #334106

I hope someone points you out to me in person…it will make my day.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Rick said

Silver_Bullet32 said

How nice would it'd be if FAU is up by a fg at half time, and they suspend the game due to weather… would that mean FAU beats Alabama? (wishful thinking)
Back to the top
Control functions: