Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Game Week Thread: Tulsa @ FAU - 09/13/14 @ 7:00 PM

Add topic

The Matchup: Tulsa (1-1) vs. Florida Atlantic (0-2)

Golden Hurricane Team Site: Here

When: Saturday, September 13th, 7:00 PM

Where: FAU Stadium

Weather: Current Conditions @ FAU Stadium

TV: Fox College Sports - Atlantic

Live Video: None

The Series: First meeting.

Ticket Info: 1-866-FAU-OWLS

Visitor's Info: Things to Do In Boca Raton, FL

Opening Line: FAU -1

Latest Line: Here
Back to the top

The Owls are looking to change a 1-9 trend over the last 10 games played in September.
Back to the top

Back to the top

Not to be a Debbie downer…
but look at the numbers put up by Tulsa against #4 Oklahoma:

Stats             OKLA.   TLSA
First Downs.   26   23
Total Plays        69   84
Total Yards.  580   328
Passing      319   234
Rushing     261          94
Penalties    5 / 60   6 / 62
Possession   27:10   32:50
Turnovers     0          4

328 yards of offense against the #4 team in the nation? !

This does not bode well for what so far has been a very porous defense.

Hell, Tulsa offense stayed on the field 5 minutes longer than Oklahoma offense. That's scary.

Only good stat from that game was Tulsa made 4 turnovers. That may play in our favor

I know we played strong teams so far but many of our conference mates (save lowly FIU) played good teams to the wire for a few quarters. We crapped the bed.

Hopefully our boys prove me wrong. I really do hope so. But the stats don't look in our favor this year. The talk was high and mighty this offseason and I for one was very excited to see our capabilities. This game will truly tell volumes of what to expect the remainder of the year.

But No pressure FAU. .. No pressure.

Just. .. don't. .. lose
Back to the top

fauprowler said

Not to be a Debbie downer…
but look at the numbers put up by Tulsa against #4 Oklahoma:

Stats             OKLA.   TLSA
First Downs.   26   23
Total Plays        69   84
Total Yards.  580   328
Passing      319   234
Rushing     261          94
Penalties    5 / 60   6 / 62
Possession   27:10   32:50
Turnovers     0          4

328 yards of offense against the #4 team in the nation? !

This does not bode well for what so far has been a very porous defense.

Hell, Tulsa offense stayed on the field 5 minutes longer than Oklahoma offense. That's scary.

only good stat from that game was Tulsa made 4 turnovers. That may play in our favor

I know we played strong teams so far but many of our conference mates (save lowly FIU) played good teams to the wire for a few quarters. We crapped the bed.

Hopefully our boys prove me wrong. I really do hope so. But the stats don't look in our favor this year. The talk was high and mighty this offseason and I for one was very excited to see our capabilities. This game will truly tell volumes of what to expect the remainder of the year.

But No pressure FAU. .. No pressure.

Just. .. don't. .. lose

Posted On: Sep 7th 2014, 9:28 PM #334342

You should cancel the season.  Possibly call an emergency meeting of the Board of Trustees to discuss disbanding the football program.  You guys are the worse fans in the world.  Fair weather, unknowledgeable and have unrealistic expectations.  To think that anything but getting crushed was going to be a possibility against Nebraska and Alabama shows that you guys had unrealistic expectations.  You haven't gone to a bowl game in 6 years and you think you should have a good showing against Alabama!  CRAZY! 
Back to the top

Everyone chill out and relax.. I've been a die hard fau fan since the program started and I was a Freshman in the nasty dorms that were barracks that no longer exist ha. This year is exciting because we have a decent team for the first time since rusty smith. The first two games were ass whooping tradition…last week we were playing Freshman against Alabama. Lets wait to judge until this week.. Just make sure to get to the game and tailgate hard. Go owls
Back to the top

sirwgula said

Everyone chill out and relax.. I've been a die hard fau fan since the program started and I was a Freshman in the nasty dorms that were barracks that no longer exist ha. This year is exciting because we have a decent team for the first time since rusty smith. The first two games were ass whooping tradition…last week we were playing Freshman against Alabama. Lets wait to judge until this week.. Just make sure to get to the game and tailgate hard. Go owls

Posted On: Sep 7th 2014, 11:06 PM #334346

Reason and patience will not be accepted on this board.
Back to the top

Looking forward to this weeks game. Jat Warren averaging 5.8 yard a carry against two high power teams should continue and open up the passing game to get the ball doww field.
Back to the top

#88 with a nice catch on Saturday!
Back to the top

It was a pretty sweet catch, 3 of the 4 were positive gains that were passed to him

Back to the top
Control functions: