Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FEARLESS PREDICTIONS: 2014 Week Three - Tulsa vs FAU

Hurricane winds are a blowin', although thankfully not in a traditional sense.

The Tulsa Golden Hurricane have departed former ranks within C-USA for "better pastures" within the American Athletic Conference (AAC).

But there is still some unfinished business to be had in the form of cling-on scheduling, enter the Owls.

Both teams took a beating last weekend at the hands of Top 5 foes, and are hungry to turn the corner quickly.

The Owls more so, since they have yet to win a content and have been outpaced in scoring 96-7 on the season thus far.

Tulsa escaped Tulane 38-31 in 2OT at home to open their 2014 slate, before being trounced by Oklahoma 52-7.

But who is the hungriest?

That's what it will likely come down to in a fairly matched game.

At 1-9 over the last 10 contents, September has not been kind to the Owls.

Although do like FAU as game film of "extremely probable" returnee at QB Jaquez Johnson will be limited for game prep Tulsa's way.

The addition of reconciling Schnellenberger's name to deserved status should also provide an added bonus in atmosphere.

Tulsa 24  FAU 27

What says you??
Back to the top

Rick said

Tulsa 24  FAU 27

What says you??
Posted On: Sep 12th 2014, 7:43 AM #334529
70-2…the Owls give up a safety on the first play of the game even though we had good starting field position on the 45 yard line, the ball was hiked over Quez's head.  Fortunately, we scored 10 unanswered touchdowns.  Although special teams struggled missing four PAT's.  But Hankerson came in on the Wildcat twice for two point conversions to make up for the kicking deficiencies.
Back to the top

I am going to be a little more conservative because the I think Tusla is pretty good. 24-21 Owls. Last minute drive and field goal gives us the win.
Back to the top

I'll say FAU 28-27 on a late TD to pull out a close one! :smile:
Back to the top

FAU is down 7-21 at the half. The cliche half time adjustments are made to get FAU back in the game in the 4th and some clever clock management allows for a game winning 41 yard field goal played out in slo-mo over Chariots of Fire.

FAU wins 28-31
Back to the top

Tulsa 27
FAU 24

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

I think Partridge will be putting a lot of pressure on the owls to make a good showing after the lop sided losses in the prior weeks. I also think the guys will be putting a lot of pressure on themselves to prove they are better than what it looked like in the first two games.
I won't predict the score but a strong win for FAU. 

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Honestly, I just want 4 solid quarters of football. Intense head to head match up, even score at the end of the first 3 quarters. Hold my breath every single time we throw a deep pass. Whoever has possession of the ball at the 2 min mark wins the game.
GO OWLS!!!!
Back to the top

OC40 rallies the students to get inside for kickoff and Partridge gets the call for red pants, he retires to the locker room with the team after warm ups and they return through the tunnel ALL dressed in red, players in red jerseys and pants, coaches in red pants.

We go on to roll Tulsa 34-3

Never underestimate the power of new unis
Back to the top

Tulsa 27
Florida Atlantic 38

Proud to be an Owl!
Back to the top
Control functions: