Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Game Week Thread: FAU @ Wyoming - 09/20/14 @ 4:00 PM

Add topic

The Matchup: Florida Atlantic (1-2) vs. Wyoming (2-1)

The Series: Cowboys 1-0

10/03/09 H L 30-28

When: Saturday, September 20th @ 4:00 PM

Where: War Memorial Stadium

TV: Mountain West Sports Network

Video: None

Cowboys Team Site: Here

Ticket Info: 1-866-FAU-OWLS

Visitor's Info: Things to Do in Laramie, WY

Current Stadium Weather: Here

Opening Line: FAU + 2.5

Latest Line: Here

Back to the top

Go OWLS!

This would be a big win for the year and it won't come easy.  I'm excited to record it and watch on Sunday when I return from a watching my Huskers take on Miami in Lincoln on Saturday night.  But I will be tracking the Owl/Cowboy on the handy ESPN app and rooting for you guys to have some glory over Wyoming.
Back to the top

Flashback to the past…drama from first meeting…seems like years ago - probably because it was!

In another (Home) Town not so far away…good ol' Fort Lauderdale, and Lockhart Stadium.

:Big-Grin:

Heated words on field after game between Hoza and Christensen... - Owl's Nest

Game Thread:

Game Day Thread: Wyoming at FAU - October 03, 4:00PM EST - Owl's Nest
Back to the top

What an awful game that was. I remember them beating us with little dinky passes all the way down the field the whole game and thinking "I can't believe we're losing to WYOMING!" lol
Back to the top

I was up in the Rockies (Breckenridge, Colo.) listening to that game on the Wyoming radio network. The announcers were surprised, if not shocked, that the Florida players – not the Wyoming guys – were struggling with heat and conditioning. A note about the Cowboys' former coach: He wasn't a stranger to exchanging harsh words after a game. He did it with Air Force Coach Troy Calhoun, as well. He also was in charge when his team showed great disrespect for Air Force traditions at Falcon Stadium one year. But he's gone now, and the new coach has an excellent reputation – for football and sportsmanship. It should be a good game.
Back to the top

This should be a good game and closer than the Tulsa blowout win. Two concerns are that the Owls will be playing at an altitude of 7200 feet and the weather could be quite chilly. How FAU plays well into the fourth quarter will say much about how the rest of the season goes.
Back to the top

Coach Partridge's Wyoming Preview:

Courtesy Owl TV
Back to the top

Do we know if this is going to be shown locally at all, can't find mountain west network anywhere so far
Back to the top

OwlBroker said

Do we know if this is going to be shown locally at all, can't find mountain west network anywhere so far
Posted On: Sep 15th 2014, 8:37 PM #334952

Looks like an internet broadcast.
Back to the top

Tim FAU98 said

OwlBroker said

Posted On: Sep 15th 2014, 8:37 PM #334952

Looks like an internet broadcast.
Posted On: Sep 15th 2014, 8:57 PM #334953

That's what I was thinking, found this link so far
http://www.campusinsiders.com/network/mw/live/football-florida-atlantic-at-wyoming-campus-insiders-exclusive
Back to the top
Control functions: