Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Oakland Park (Florida) NE WR Jeremy Glinton Commits to FAU

Add topic

Re: Oakland Park (Florida) NE WR Jeremy Glinton Commits to FAU

I really am too excited though, I neeed a downer.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

owlmart said

Jab979 said

Yup! I'll gladly take this kid over Ward.

Only question, and not that I'm complaining haha but he had some big time offers, why FAU?
He could start tomorrow

He WILL start tomorow.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

owlmart said

He could start tomorrow

Bingo! This is a huge selling point for many kids… Why ride the pine at a Top 10 school with minimal playing time, when you can start 3 or even 4 years and shine at a smaller school… The kids know the NFL looks at small schools and is willing to draft the small school players… If your goal is to make it to the NFL what sounds better?

For example say you're a WR which sounds better?

Playing for Alabama and only seeing real playing time your Junior and Senior year… You are never a starter and only get a few receptions a game, maybe finishing with a few hundred yards recieving…

Or

Playing for FAU, starting 3 to 4 years, getting multi looks each game and finishing each year with good stats?
Back to the top

Playing for Alabama. They just won the National Championship. Bad argument.
Back to the top

Jab979 said

Rivals

Wow! This kid had some serious offers and chose FAU!

Arizona, Arizona State, Duke, FIU, Iliinois, MTSU, NM State, Miss. State, NC State

Syracuse, UCF, Rutgers, USF, Vanderbilt, Wake Forest, West Virginia, Western Michigan and Wisconsin

To show that starts mean absolutely nothing, he had offers from 2 SEC schools, and a team that was # 10 in the final AP poll and # 11 in the USA today poll in Wisconsin and is only 2 stars

Final College Rankings

There is something the coaches like that the "scouts" didnt see… ESPN also has him with 2 stars and at the same time say he has offers to severak large programs…
Back to the top

First time posting a link so I may have screwed it up.  This kid looks GOOD!
Back to the top

Oakland Park (Florida) NE WR Jeremy Glinton Commits to FAU

Looks like Andrew has stumbled across Glinton up in his new neck of the woods…here's his report:

Glinton spent two years at FAU, a Division I college in South Florida, before a coaching change and lack of playing time pushed him out the door. He transferred to Benedict, and is now part of a Tigers’ offense that is averaging 316 passing yards a game.

The Rocky Mount Telegram
Back to the top
Control functions: