Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Tulsa Cinematic Highlights

It appears there may have been a mix-up in inquiry…there are in fact two highlight videos.

Basically with the same title.

So…

Believe that Ryan deserves the credit for this one - sorry about the confusion!

In this day and age it's quite a task to keep up on proper granular level credit with everything being done.

:Silly:
Back to the top

That was nicely done.
Back to the top

Rick, that was well handled. Very good videos. Personally, I always have found it easier to assign proper blame than assign proper credit.... :Laughing:
Back to the top

Wyoming has quite a following here in Denver. In addition to DCPoke, who was here on business (ha!) from Washington, D.C., I know of a Denver City councilman (Wyo grad) and his wife who went to the Wyoming-at-Oregon game last Saturday, a Hall-of-Fame baseball writer (Wyo grad) who goes to every game he can, numerous other folks who wear Wyoming gear, and – perhaps more important – the general manager of a popular Denver ports bar who is a Wyo grad. I'm expecting a raucous and loyal crowd for the home team. The University of Wyoming is, after all, the only four-year public university in the state, so it draws from far and wide up there.
Back to the top

I know the coaches, and some of the players, say War Memorial Stadium's elevation (7,220 feet) poses no real problem, and that's exactly the right attitude to have. Nonetheless, it does not hurt to be aware of things beyond breathing and hydration issues. For example, it is a wonderful place for punters and kickers because the ball travels farther (ask generations of punters and kickers for the Denver Broncos). The other side of that double-edged sword is, of course, that those booming punts with great hang time and kicks can be a little tricky to judge for returners  who are more accustomed to judging sea-level punts and kicks. There is a difference. Pre-game practice should take care of this. I also am told that long passes can sail a tiny bit, throwing off critical timing, etc. Again, pre-game focus should take care of this as well as enable all to assess the usually windy conditions in Laramie. Here in the West, the Wyoming coach is being quoted as saying he plans to use his two quite good running backs and short passes to try to wear down the Owls and let nature take its course. In CoachSpeak, of course, this could mean the opposite – he will come out passing…. Who knows? In any case, the Owls of last Saturday should have an excellent chance in this game, which promises to be quite physical. Focus. Every down. Go Owls!
Back to the top
Control functions: