Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FEARLESS PREDICTIONS: 2014 Week Four - FAU vs Wyoming

The Owls are heading for new heights - literally.

At 7,220 feet above sea level, Laramie's War Memorial Stadium offers catch your breath sprints and a home winning percentage of 66% for the resident Cowboys.

WYO has hosted some big names in that of Nebraska, Texas, Ole Miss, and Texas A&M but never a team from the Sunshine State. Accordingly, FAU will claim that trivia nugget after Saturday.

Collectively, these teams are shadows of their former selves since initially meeting back in 2009.

The Owls have forgone the pro-style offense, and Wyoming has picked it up, saying goodbye to the pass happy up-tempo spread offense which accompanied former foulmouthed Head Man Dave Christensen's play calling.

Sticking primarily with the run, the Pokes did put up a very respectable 439 yards against #2 Oregon last week - although their success came in the air.

They should have an easier time on the ground against the Owls, who will need to display another solid effort defensively while limiting long drives that could compound an overall "tired effect" come late in the game.

This one is tough to call for a number of reasons. However, after seeing what Florida Atlantic is capable of offensively while the Cowboys continue to learn and adjust to their new system, forecasting a move to .500 on the year for the Owls in a well fought battle.

FAU 27  Wyoming 24

What says you??

Back to the top

FAU 20 WY 17
Back to the top

FAU struggles with the high altitude in the 1st quarter, we miss 1 FG attempt. We win the game in the 2nd half by a TD.
FAU 31 WY 24
Back to the top

I am thinking a little closer. Wyoming has a lot of good players. 24-21 FAU.
Back to the top

The passing game will be too much for the Cowboys to wrangle, Owls put up points and we look to have it locked up by the 3rd quarter. Wyoming's pounding style does wear us down a bit at the end and they score a late one to make it look more respectable than it really was.

Owls 31
Cowboys 24
Back to the top

I said've it for months, I wouldn't be surprised if FAU beat Nebraska and then lost to Wyoming. If Quez didn't get hurt against the Cornhuskers, who knows what would've happened.

Here's the kicker: If we score more than four TD's, the boys are coming home .500. If we score less than three TD's, it could be a long flight back to Boca. That being said, y'all are going to hate me…

Florida Atlantic 23
Wyoming 26
Back to the top

The Owls open fast and hang on in Q4. FAU 34, Wyoming 24. The punter booms a couple. No ghosts show up at the team hotel.
Back to the top

grayowl said

The Owls open fast and hang on in Q4. FAU 34, Wyoming 24. The punter booms a couple. No ghosts show up at the team hotel.
Posted On: Sep 19th 2014, 10:40 AM #335045

These athletes are young stars… I'm guessing at least the ghost of the hooker shows up  :Big-Grin:  :Big-Grin:  :Big-Grin:  :Smug:  :Smug:  :Smug:
Back to the top

grayowl said

No ghosts show up at the team hotel.
Posted On: Sep 19th 2014, 10:40 AM #335045

:lol:

Back to the top

Altitude is a huge factor. Sea level to 7000+. Even so, the Owls get it done if the defense can stay off of the field.

FAU 27 Wyoming 24

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top
Control functions: