Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GAME DAY THREAD: FAU @ Wyoming - 09/20/14 @ 4:00 PM

Add topic

Tim FAU98 said

owlcountry40 said

Tim FAU98 said

When you kick field goals instead of touchdowns this is the result.  And this game is meaningless.  The season starts next week.  It would have been a big win, but any true success will be due to good conference play.  Don't make the loss bigger than it is.
Posted On: Sep 20th 2014, 8:01 PM #335281
the season always starts next week with you lol

This is the worst loss in FAU and mental retard could realize knee the ball or let them score. 

Posted On: Sep 20th 2014, 8:07 PM #335282

And you bring nothing to the table…don't think nobody noticed that you disappeared after last week.  You are not grounded in reality to think Charlie gets fired.  You say that you know so much more than everyone else but you never post anything that would indicate that.  FIRE FIRE FIRE….great conversation.  

Posted On: Sep 20th 2014, 8:51 PM #335291

You would be better off just watching women's softball and talk about moral victories and the season can always start after staring 1-20.

This is what happens when you hire a D-line coach…
He made pelni look like the best in game coach in FAU history in 2:03
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

Tim FAU98 said

owlcountry40 said

Tim FAU98 said

When you kick field goals instead of touchdowns this is the result.  And this game is meaningless.  The season starts next week.  It would have been a big win, but any true success will be due to good conference play.  Don't make the loss bigger than it is.

This is the worst loss in FAU and mental retard could realize knee the ball or let them score. 

And you bring nothing to the table…don't think nobody noticed that you disappeared after last week.  You are not grounded in reality to think Charlie gets fired.  You say that you know so much more than everyone else but you never post anything that would indicate that.  FIRE FIRE FIRE….great conversation.  

Posted On: Sep 20th 2014, 11:20 PM #335302

Nothing ….I mean nothing, will beat out the call to spike on 4th down….nothing………

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Hate all you want about Howard Schnellenberger but this stuff never happened with him and people tend to never notice unless things go wrong. 

I distinctly recall the two years that Cristobal had good squads against us and we eeked out wins against them both times solely on out coaching Mario at the end of the games. First was that 55 point overtime thriller at Dolphins Stadium and then the next year at FIU with the onside kicks. Howard knew what MC was going to do before he did it. He'll have some good advice for Charlie when they get in on Monday, live and learn.
Back to the top

teambeer said

UTSA is a big game, real big. We win there and go rolling into FIU 5 days later, we can get to .500 in a hurry. 

I feared there would be a few learning moments like this for the first year hc. It happens to all young coaches, he'll never make that call again. 
Posted On: Sep 20th 2014, 8:57 PM #335293

Yup,

1st HC will make mistakes like that, it sucks but its going to happen. We went into a very difficult place to play and had it won till a huge mistake by a young HC was made. Move on Owl Fans. Nothing we can do on this one except hope that the Coachs and players have learned from this.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Well, it is true that if we punch it in and score a TD there the game was over too, and having the qb keep the ball eliminated the bad hand-off exchange issue keeping it "safer". AND the pass D that had been so good all game gave up one awful moment after the fumble. So several things had to go wrong to blow the win - and they did - SUCKS.

But these guys will overcome it next week at home - count on it! Go Owls!
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

Tim FAU98 said

owlcountry40 said

Tim FAU98 said

You would be better off just watching women's softball and talk about moral victories and the season can always start after staring 1-20.

Your parents called me and begged me to give you a job and I had to tell them that you weren't even qualified to make coffee.  They were heart broken that you will never move out of their garage.  I said listen, you have to take personal responsibility in how you raised your son, you screwed up he is a complete imbecile and the consequence is now you will never be able to park your car in your garage.  They apologized to me about how horrible they were as parents to you.  I said I accept your apology.  They seem like nice people, just a little off.
Back to the top

Tim FAU98 said

owlcountry40 said

Tim FAU98 said

owlcountry40 said

Tim FAU98 said

Your parents called me and begged me to give you a job and I had to tell them that you weren't even qualified to make coffee.  They were heart broken that you will never move out of their garage.  I said listen, you have to take personal responsibility in how you raised your son, you screwed up he is a complete imbecile and the consequence is now you will never be able to park your car in your garage.  They apologized to me about how horrible they were as parents to you.  I said I accept your apology.  They seem like nice people, just a little off.

Posted On: Sep 21st 2014, 8:48 AM #335315

Tim - That was a little harsh going after the parents and all. Let's not forget, OC40 forgets more about football in one day than all the forum members combined will ever know. I like to think of him as one of those guys who are so smart he has no common sense. You know the type, zero personality and/or people skills.

Back to the top

cbboarder said

Tim FAU98 said

owlcountry40 said

Tim FAU98 said

owlcountry40 said

Tim FAU98 said

Posted On: Sep 21st 2014, 8:48 AM #335315

Tim - That was a little harsh going after the parents and all. Let's not forget, OC40 forgets more about football in one day than all the forum members combined will ever know. I like to think of him as one of those guys who are so smart he has no common sense. You know the type, zero personality and/or people skills.

Posted On: Sep 21st 2014, 9:14 AM #335316

I wasn't going after his parents…I was just relaying how disappointed they are in him and how all they want is to park their car in the garage.  They are nice people, just horrible parents.
Back to the top

Whoa SHOTS FIRED! Tim that is a hilarious story but idk if the entire board needs to hear about OC40s 'Rents.. I'm assuming you're an entrepreneur? Cool to see we have Med Student, Law Student and a few business owners on the board if that's the case. FAU alums going places!
Back to the top

This is the behavior that will keep people from expressing their opinions freely. Going off on people or poking fun is uncalled for. Do I agree with everything OC writes, no. But he makes this site more fun . If everyone agreed , this site would be worthless. Lets take predictions for our final record now that we have four games under our belt. Remember, we only have eight games left.
Back to the top
Control functions: