Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Medicare Mike has passed. RIP

Easily one of FAU's biggest fans

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

owlfamily said

Easily one of FAU's biggest fans

Posted On: Sep 23rd 2014, 10:11 AM #335377

A diehard before any of us could consider ourselves diehard FAU fans.  Our fan spirit is a little smaller today.  If anyone remembers the prediction post from the Sun Sentinel and Ted you will know that he never picked against FAU, no matter who the opponent!
Back to the top

Yea wow just saw this. I had numoures conversations with Medicaid Mike as he was called. He is and always will be the greatest owl fan to ever live.
The man didn't miss a practice or game for 10 years.

I remember saying to someone that there should be somthing to honor hime at the practice field   He represents supporting the Owls better then anyone.
A statue of him stitting on his little stool that he always used to watch practice. Would be awesome.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

Yea wow just saw this. I had numoures conversations with Medicade Mike as he was called. He is and always will be the greatest owl fan to ever live.
The man didn't miss a practice or game for 10 years.

I remember saying to someone that there should be somthing to honor hime at the practice. 
He represents supporting the Owls better then anyone.
A statue of him stitting on his little stool that he always used to watch practice. Would be awesome.
Posted On: Sep 23rd 2014, 10:20 AM #335379

+1
Back to the top

Mike with his Championship Ring…
Back to the top

And with one of his other favorites - The Dance Team…

:Big-Grin:
Back to the top

Saying hello to Rusty, who paid a visit to the Oxley, after a Spring practice…

Back to the top

RIP Mike.
I got to meet him the weekend of inaugural game in the new stadium. I recognized him from Ted Hutton's column. I walked up to him and introduced myself. Very nice guy. 
No doubt he will be missed.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Funeral details per Ken Lavicka

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

I had the pleasure to be Mike's neighbor the past two years. When I first moved in he had a big FAU sign TAPED to his van and a handwritten poster taped to the door of his van in support of Alfred Morris for Rookie of the Year.

He had Alfred's personal cell phone and he would talk to him occasionally. I hope someone can let Alfred know.

He was truly FAU's biggest fan and I hope he can be honored as such.

He will be missed.
Back to the top
Control functions: