Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FEARLESS PREDICTIONS: 2014 Week Five - UTSA vs FAU

After a not-so-happy journey to the land of the Teton's, the Owls have clicked their heels twice, and will be back in Boca Raton on Saturday.

It's surely welcomed, as over their last four contests there, they have won by a two touchdown count or better - dating back to last season on November 2nd when they downed the Green wave 34-17. That was followed by a 55-10 romp over New Mexico State, and a 21-6 victory over rival FIU. Come full circle with 2014's 50-21 sail past Tulsa, and you get the picture.

There's no place like home…

It could be said that two of those teams were "sub-par", but then again two were not.

As per the late lines, Tulsa was a place kick measure, and Tulane a field goal. Could have gone either way, but both were decided in handy fashion.

Despite UTSA being 6.0 point favorites, this contests present another exercise in defining parity for what is quickly becoming a volatile Conference USA in 2014.

The Roadrunners have a bit of a quandary at the signal caller spot, still seeking out who the concrete go to guy will be - advantage Owls.

FAU fed immensely off the energy created in the upsurge of the student section in their opener against Tulsa. If it is even close to the initial showing, that's another big plus.

Coupling all of these aspects with the burn of last weekend, going to give a slight nod to the home team.

Roadrunners 23  Owls 25

What says you??

Back to the top

I'm going to say we get a nice crowd on hand again and take the W. It's so awesome to see that we now have a legitimate home field advantage. 

31-14  in favor of our Owls!
Back to the top

Coach P and the Owls are on slaughter mode and repeat their home opening performance but with a few defensive errors. 34-21 Owls!
Back to the top

Well Medicare Mike always picked the Owls so it would be sacrilegious. 
UTSA is a good team but, there is no excuse to lose this game. 
This is a MUST win if we lose the wheels are off on this season with trips to Marshall and MTSU still ahead. If we lose Dusky and Tim be ready! OC40 will be mad.
In that case Owls win 24-16
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

This is a MUST win if we lose the wheels are off on this season with trips to Marshall and MTSU still ahead. If we lose Dusky and Tim be ready! OC40 will be mad.
Posted On: Sep 26th 2014, 10:19 AM #335461

Who says we won't be mad or expect anyone not to be mad…When you stated your points about your problems last week I agreed with most of it.  This board is much more enjoyable when it is a discussion as opposed to FIRE the COACH after 6 plays, etc.
Back to the top

Tim FAU98 said

owlcountry40 said

Posted On: Sep 26th 2014, 10:19 AM #335461

Who says we won't be mad or expect anyone not to be mad…When you stated your points about your problems last week I agreed with most of it.  This board is much more enjoyable when it is a discussion as opposed to FIRE the COACH after 6 plays, etc.
Posted On: Sep 26th 2014, 11:00 AM #335463
if we lose hot seat for everyone!!!! 
Back to the top

I think the players have short memories…the coaches will grow from last week and the Owls offense gets back to what we think it is capable of.  We score touchdowns instead of field goals and we win 38-21.
Back to the top

I originally picked UTSA to win this one. Yet as OC40 said, I just don't feel right NOT picking the Owls with Mike's passing.

UTSA 34
Florida Atlantic 45

#OwlsUp
Back to the top

Jack David Whidden III said

I originally picked UTSA to win this one. Yet as OC40 said, I just don't feel right NOT picking the Owls with Mike's passing.

UTSA 34
Florida Atlantic 45

#OwlsUp
Posted On: Sep 26th 2014, 11:41 AM #335466

You also were the only one to pick WYO last week, and we know how that turned out, so good to hear your choice  :Big-Grin:

Jack David Whidden III said

I said've it for months, I wouldn't be surprised if FAU beat Nebraska and then lost to Wyoming. If Quez didn't get hurt against the Cornhuskers, who knows what would've happened.

Here's the kicker: If we score more than four TD's, the boys are coming home .500. If we score less than three TD's, it could be a long flight back to Boca. That being said, y'all are going to hate me…

Florida Atlantic 23
Wyoming 26
Posted On: Sep 19th 2014, 10:33 AM #335044
Back to the top

In honor of Mike

FAU 62
UTSA 17
Back to the top
Control functions: