Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

C-USA Football: Games for Week of 09-27-14

Add topic

Four league games are on this week's docket, highlighted by the first C-USA home game for Old Dominion, as the Monarchs welcome Middle Tennessee to Norfolk Friday night.

Three league games are on Saturday's schedule, beginning with FIU and UAB. The Blazers will be seeking a 3-1 start for the first time since 2005 against an FIU squad playing its first road game following a four-game homestand.

UTSA will return to action when it travels to Boca Raton to meet Florida Atlantic for the first time. The Roadrunners have won five consecutive C-USA games as they face an Owls team that posted 518 total yards and 50 points in its last home game.

Rice visits Southern Miss. The injury-riddled Owls will look to get back on track as they face a Golden Eagles team that has won its first two home games.

Saturday's action will begin when UTEP plays Kansas State for the first time since 1999, as C-USA's leading rusher, Aaron Jones, goes against a solid Wildcat defensive unit.

Contrasting styles clash when WKU and its high-flying passing attack (second in the FBS) meets Navy and its highly successful ground game (fourth in the FBS).

Louisiana Tech will face its second top five team this season when it goes to No. 5 Auburn.

Friday, September 26th

MTSU 41  Old Dominion 28

Saturday, September 27th

UTEP 28  (25) Kansas State 58

FIU 34  UAB 20

WKU 36  Navy 27

Louisiana Tech 17  (5) Auburn 45

UTSA 37  Florida Atlantic 41

Rice 41  Southern Miss 23

Back to the top

FINAL:

MTSU 41  Old Dominion 28

Austin Grammer was a proficient 25-of-30 through the air for the Blue Raiders, accounting for a pair of touchdowns to go with another two by way of foot.

WR Antonio Vaughan (105 yards) caught three scores for the Monarchs.

MTSU mounted a 24-0 lead with 7:01 to play in the 2nd quarter that would not be undone, despite a healthy comeback effort by ODU.
Back to the top

Grammer playing so well makes me wonder why he didn't start over Kilgore. Kilgore was one of CUSA's best QBs, don't get me wrong, but Grammer has been very impressive.
Back to the top

Rick said

FINAL:

MTSU 41  Old Dominion 28

Austin Grammer was a proficient 25-of-30 through the air for the Blue Raiders, accounting for a pair of touchdowns to go with another two by way of foot.

WR Antonio Vaughan (105 yards) caught three scores for the Monarchs.

MTSU mounted a 24-0 lead with 7:01 to play in the 2nd quarter that would not be undone, despite a healthy comeback effort by ODU.
Posted On: Sep 26th 2014, 11:46 PM #335488

I just hate it when a D plays soft with a big lead - keep playing the D that got ya that big lead. Especially vs. dink O teams like ODU.
Back to the top

Jack David Whidden III said

Grammer playing so well makes me wonder why he didn't start over Kilgore. Kilgore was one of CUSA's best QBs, don't get me wrong, but Grammer has been very impressive.

Posted On: Sep 27th 2014, 1:23 AM #335490

Played well but ODU has a very weak D so that helped him. They gave up 40+ to Rice last week too though they won. But then again Rice is not very good IMHO, we shut 'em down but gave them the game late last year, even worse than the Wyoming game this year!

The only home game I worry about losing this year is WKU, we have to slow them down but at least their strength is passing which is also our strength, stopping the pass.
Back to the top

MTSU runs the offense that we are trying to run . Up beat , quick to the line , quick snaps. Many of their snaps were before the ODU line could get in place. I have yet to see us run that more than 2-3 plays in a row before we revert back to the line up, check with the side line, call the play at the line, run the play. Not much quicker then huddling. Our LB's will need to step up against MTSU.
Back to the top

making a prediction for FIU-UAB game..... FIU loses by 24 points.
Back to the top

FINAL:

UTEP 28  (25) Kansas State 58

The Wildcats race to a 45-0 lead midway through the 3rd, and that was all she wrote.

UTEP signal caller Jameill Showers threw 4TD thereafter, making this one seem less lopsided than it actually was.

The Miners struggled on the ground, netting just 59 yards on 31 carries.
Back to the top

FINAL:

FIU 34  UAB 20

Don't look now, but the Panthers just beat a team by two touchdowns that they were forecast to lose by 11.5 points to.

Have matters might finally turned around down south?

Nah, UAB just turned it over six, yes six, times.
Back to the top

FINAL:

WKU 36  Navy 27

The Tops kept drives alive, going 7-of-15 on third down plays, and that was key.

Brandon Doughty threw for 387 yards and 2TD, and ran for another score.

The Midshipmen rumbled for 412 yards on the ground, with two backs past the century mark.
Back to the top
Control functions: