Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Shula Bowl XIII Game Week Thread: FAU @ FIU - 10/02/14 @ 7:00 PM

Add topic

voss749 said

fauowl,

Were 9-3, regardless of their vacating those games in 2005 they still beat us.  

"So basically, FIU beat us with TY Hilton.  That's why it is not much of a rivalry.  Can't really build a rivalry when it is lopsided.  Let's find a better rival.  We will have more fans at their stadium.  Let's let them have their pretend rivalry with Miami and move on."

They are in our conference, we will be playing them every year. The FIU fans were saying the same thing about us when we were 1-11 and they were winning bowl games so get over yourself. 5 of the 9 games we won were by 10 points or less.

In any event I hope you are right that we will bring a lot of fans to their stadium because that helps them with ticket sales and helps us with presence for recruiting in Miami.

Their defense this year is very good. They forced a very good UAB offense to give up 6 turnovers. If you want to find a new rivalry game…great…who?
Posted On: Sep 29th 2014, 9:40 AM #335786

USF! I'm dying for that rivalry. We can do it with Miami too but that's more of a long shot.
Back to the top

The Owls Two Deep for Thursday, via FAU…

Back to the top

Rick, didn't Brandin Bryant get injured last week when he sacked Carter? I thought he was going to miss this weeks game due to short week.
Back to the top

Island_Owl88 said

Rick, didn't Brandin Bryant get injured last week when he sacked Carter? I thought he was going to miss this weeks game due to short week.
Posted On: Sep 30th 2014, 2:56 PM #335819
He just fell wrong, he was able to run off the field under his own power  
Back to the top

Where is everyone sitting for the game?
Back to the top

Brandon Kirby-Wolverlora Simon said

Where is everyone sitting for the game?
Posted On: Oct 1st 2014, 1:31 PM #335837

:Yawn:

Good call out…
Back to the top

Was waiting for this post. I still haven't bought my tickets
Back to the top

I was going to hit the box office on the way in, visitors sideline, near the 50, I can't imagine there won't be many available.
Back to the top

Im just going to buy my $9 ticket there, and from the looks of there home game attendants, i'm just going to move front row  :Smug:
Back to the top

I think the FAU section is 132…that's where they told me.

If anyone needs tickets, call AJ in the FIU ticket office (good guy), and they will be left at will call on the west side of the stadium. His number is 305-348-7883.

See everyone down there!

Back to the top
Control functions: