Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Midseason Review

Midseason Review

Midseason Review

Coming into the year we we’re a bit unsure how the season would unfold. Had Carl Pelini remained the head coach, a bowl bid would have been considered a minimum in order to validate progress under his tenure.…

Read more

The next six games

As the saying goes, "talk is cheap". Actions will speak louder than words. It remains to see which FAU team shows up week to week. The one that can perform like they showed at home against Tulsa or the FAU team that is disarray away from home and the defense is toothless as against UTSA and FIU. What is possibly the most telling is a quote from FIU head coach, Turner that "FIU ran the same play six consecutive times the last minutes of the 4th quarter and it worked every time." When you take this fact and combine it with the offensive decision to run Johnson on a quarterback keeper when his blocker was out of position in the Wyoming game it can be concluded that coaching play calling is highly suspect. I hate to say this, but I predict that FAU will lose four out of the next six games. Let's hope I am wrong.
Back to the top

Next Saturday is a another big one. Not that the last couple games weren't, but this is basically do or die time now.

Even if we did finish out at 4-2, still not sure that would be enough to convince someone to invite us - similar to last year.

Beating Marshall would definitely help though…
Back to the top

If the Owls go 6-6 FAU is destined to play in the Boca Bowl.
Back to the top

Is Martese Jackson still part of the team?  
Back to the top

Yes he still is. May get a few carries this week too with Warren being demoted.
Back to the top

That's funny. Martese was the one prone to coughing the ball up in years past.
Back to the top
Control functions: