Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Season over?

I still feel like we have a chance. I know after the FIU game I said that it was over and we should pack it up for next year but I think we can still get to 6 wins and the Bahamas or Boca Bowl. Our D is really bad right now when you factor injuries but I think we're a very different team at home than on the road. We all know we should be 3-3 right now but if you look at the remaining home schedule, we're in every game. We just have to pull one off on the road and I'd love it to be Marshall or Middle. What do you guys think? Can we handle our business at home the rest of the year with the adversity we now face or are we done?
Back to the top

This might not be what people want to hear……but,…….I think we need to start getting some play time for the younger guys that will be important next year. We will miss the bowls due to our money games and regular loses. Again, nothing to get excited about , another losing season , and no change in strategy as far as money games go.  Typical FAU mind thought. Disappointing. I hope they change before the fan base dwindles too much.
Back to the top

Is the season over in terms of a bowl berth? Probably, but it's obviously worth trying. There's no high draft pick for tanking. In fact, college is basically the only game where losing perpetuates losing (the worse you do, the less recruits want to come). So there's not much incentive towards playing too much for the future already, unless the staff has identified a few guys that will be important to the team in the near future. But, even if we go 5-7 instead of 3-9 or 2-10, it makes a difference for recruiting and the future of the program.

If the question is, will we be bowl eligible, I'll say probably not. This team has not been able to handle any kind of success, handed or not, since the Rusty Smith days.
Back to the top

I'm not optimistic we can salvage the season and get to 6 wins with our remaining schedule.

We won our last bowl in 2008. I got comfortable and thought, even when we were "rebuilding", it would only take a year to get back to bowl games.

Looking back at each season since 2008 I have to wonder WHY didn't we get 6 wins, WHY have we had so many losing records, and how legitimate are our excuses?

It seems like we're always saying our O-line is inexperienced, we're failing to close out games all the time, we've had coaching turnovers, it's just been one thing after another.

It's been 5 seasons now and staring down the barrel of possibly a 6th without a bowl game. Some teams don't go bowling for 20+ years. I hope this team can right the ship sooner than that but so did the fans of all those teams.
Back to the top

ALL the home games are winnable if we get ANY D at all, and I think both N. Texas AND MTSU are winnable on the road too, they both have some serious D issues of their own and the N. Texas O is very unreliable. Coaches have to let the O play the same both home AND AWAY! WAY to conservative away!
Back to the top

Season isn't over, but don't think 6-6 will get us into a bowl - unless Marshall is one of the wins.

Now, can we go 4-2 and beat Marshall?

That is the question…
Back to the top

I can answer that Rick.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

I can answer that Rick.
Posted On: Oct 11th 2014, 6:14 PM #336325

:Goodbye:

:Not-Talking:

:Big-Grin:
Back to the top

After those questionable, heartbreaking losses and that FIU punch in the mouth I don't know how optimistic I am looking ahead. I know there's talent out there and when they're clickin' they're good but sometimes they don't all seem to be on the right page.

I'm hoping for 6-6.
Back to the top

I don't think we're gonna do better than 6-6 this year. I'm gonna call the make a wish foundation so I can have my wish of FAU beating a ranked team (Marshall) come true.
Back to the top
Control functions: