Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FEARLESS PREDICTIONS: 2014 Week Eight - WKU vs FAU

Florida Atlantic defeated Western Kentucky 37-28 on the road when they last played in 2012.

What was impressive was the fact that they were arguably not as good of a team overall, and were also +15.5 underdogs.

Although that has diminished with the current line of +4.5, the big difference was four turnovers forced by the Owls - including three in the secondary.

The Hilltoppers relied more on the run in that meeting, and will look to toss the ball this time around, placing more emphasis on the same FAU unit to perform.

What is yet unchanged is that of WKU's last visit to Boca Raton, one which dampened a special day for many and saw FAU on the 0-20 losing end of a Stadium Opener.

The stage was set, with an all-time record attendance on hand.

And those in attendance were ready to start something special.

Unfortunately, that did not happen, and prompted this emotion filled post game delivery.

Recently, the naming of Schnellenberger Field was welcomed with a 50-21 win over Tulsa.

But the taste of 2011's disappointment still lingers.

This is enough motivation in itself to Wright the Ship.

Much attention has been placed on execution and detail to assignment as of late.

Expect the Owls to shed the turnover plague of 2014, while sending the Hilltoppers to the valley in redemptive fashion.

Hilltoppers 33  Owls 37

What says you??

Back to the top

team starts slow with the time off.  but they play with a determation to prove everyone wrong. Owls 27 WKU 24.
Back to the top

42-38 final score…team with the ball last wins it.

Haven't heard much recruiting news lately, do we have kids on official visits this weekend? I hope Bart Miller was able to convince a few midwestern linemen to come down here right now to catch this weather!
Back to the top

teambeer said

42-38 final score…team with the ball last wins it.
Posted On: Oct 17th 2014, 9:10 AM #336458

Ride that line!

:Big-Grin:
Back to the top

I hate predictions. We all know & love the Owls, how can you go against them? I don't make predictions anymore because I cannot be let down if I don't expect a win.

However, I will say this: 3-4 is exponentially better than 2-5.

I sure hope we come out fired up.

Side note: how much red can I wear? So far my outfit has been mostly red with some blue, so what is our team wearing?
Back to the top

No comment.
Back to the top

I think we're gonna learn a lot about this team tomorrow. If we do not get the win tomorrow I can see this become a 3-9 season very quickly. Hold on to the damn ball. This game will be a shoot out I believe because I don't have any confidence that our defense can stop anyone unless they cause turnovers. FAU somehow finds a way win the game 35-31 (maybe)
Back to the top

High scoring game. We NEEEEED to win this one. I'm going in with low expectation. I'm still sick thinking about FIU, but I'm slowly moving on.
Again, High scoring game, I believe WKY QB is top 5 in nation in passing yds this season. Wet "improved" our running game during bye week, so it's going to be an interesting game regardless.
Games goes to OT, whoever has possession 1st wins.
GO OWLS!!!
Back to the top

I'm nervous about our defensive front 7, with Bryant out…it could get ugly.

I'd bet $1,000 whomever wins the turnover battle wins this game.  We've played well at home.  I'd expect a big game from Dukes here, FIU laid a blue print of blitz us all night and make Johnson recognize the open reciever....hopefully we have adjusted.

FAU 30 WKU 20

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

The final numbers are a crapshoot so I'm not going to guess there.

With a quarterback this proficient in the air, my concern is that if our secondary isn't playing lights-out from the onset then WKU can get up early.

It feels like often we play kinda half-assed until we get down by 10-14 points and then suddenly the pressure is on, we finally play 100% and start scoring. But so do they, so we chase their tail to the end.

So many games like that.

And I feel like it's the biggest coachable thing that we need to fix, that mental aspect of we need to lead from the beginning, not chase the leader.

I have a feeling that's going to happen tomorrow. Whether we can pull a UTSA-type comeback is what will determine if we walk out with the W, but I have more confidence in our team being able to do that at home than if we were playing WKU at their house.
Back to the top
Control functions: