Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Game Week Thread: FAU @ #22 Marshall - 10/25/14 @ 3:30 PM

Add topic

Even if FAU broke ground in dec no way they be ready by next season. 
Back to the top

@HerdCotton is taking questions via twitter for the Doc Holliday Call-In Show if you guys want to jump in. You can listen to the show at tunein.com or with the tunein app. Just search Thundering Herd IMG Network. Starts at 7:05 PM. 
Back to the top

USMCOWL said

Even if FAU broke ground in dec no way they be ready by next season. 
Posted On: Oct 23rd 2014, 12:59 PM #336936

Marshall broke ground in April 2013 and completed the indoor practice facility part of it in Sept 2014. The Hall of Fame is set to open soon and the Academic center and sports medicine facility will open next year.
Back to the top

anyway… sorry for distracting the thread a little bit. Travel day tomorrow for FAU.  Weather is looking promising for Saturday not to hot or cold.   
Back to the top

Rick said

One of the KEY reasons for Miss States upsurge in the football landscape directly involves their upgrade in facilities - particularly the Leo Seal Jr. Football Complex, which cost $25M.

It has helped them land better recruits when going head to head with the likes of Alabama…

Posted On: Oct 23rd 2014, 12:52 PM #336935

If there is one thing I've learned, its facilities are a very small part of a programs success.  UF has the same facilities they had when dominating the SEC, but not the same head coach.  When Mississippi State loses its head coach the same fall out will happen no matter how nice the facilites are.  The coaching staff is 80% of a programs sucess, I can name countless programs where they went from sucess to garbage when they lost thier head coach and staff.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

walty12 said

Do Michigan and Florida have good facilities?
Posted On: Oct 23rd 2014, 12:12 PM #336933
Where's the red font?

Also, facilities is a huge reason why Miami program is no longer the same. Not many recruits care about the "U" stigma. A weight room, academic centers, and maybe an indoor practice facility will hold FAU program back until we get it.Let's put this body bag money to good use! Its amazing what this recruiting class looks like so far this year without those things.

Posted On: Oct 23rd 2014, 12:35 PM #336934

Miami is no longer the same for many reasons.  First, the number of schools recruiting south florida has dramatically changed in the last 15 years let alone the last 30+.  Also the default backups at Miami used to be FAU's, USF's, UCF's, FIU's starters...Miami was the only DI college football school in Florida south of Gainesville for decades.  They also had amazing head coaches.

Im not saying it wouldn't be nice to have those facilities and put our program on an equal playing ground or even at an advantage.  But those variable matter very little compared to a quality coaching staff IMO.  Lets focus on how we are going to pay Brian Wright to stay as OC for example...I would almost guarantee that would bring more wins to our program than a better weight room.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

Rick said

One of the KEY reasons for Miss States upsurge in the football landscape directly involves their upgrade in facilities - particularly the Leo Seal Jr. Football Complex, which cost $25M.

It has helped them land better recruits when going head to head with the likes of Alabama…

Posted On: Oct 23rd 2014, 12:52 PM #336935

If there is one thing I've learned, its facilities are a very small part of a programs success.  UF has the same facilities they had when dominating the SEC, but not the same head coach.  When Mississippi State loses its head coach the same fall out will happen no matter how nice the facilites are.  The coaching staff is 80% of a programs sucess, I can name countless programs where they went from sucess to garbage when they lost thier head coach and staff.
Posted On: Oct 23rd 2014, 5:38 PM #336952

Definitely agree with you…there was some press on how the new coach cashed in on the facilities for a few guys too…

IF you have them both, it's like Christmas!
Back to the top

Via Chuck Landon at The Herald Dispatch…

There aren't many collegiate quarterbacks like Jaquez Johnson.

The Florida Atlantic star stands 6-foot-1, weighs 225 pounds, possesses fullback-sized thighs perfect for breaking tackles and throws as well as he runs.

Johnson is the quintessential dual-threat quarterback.

"There's no question," said Holliday. "We're going to have to get a great look this week because that quarterback is special. He really is. He's a good player."

Chuck Landon: Marshall's Birdsong waits, must impersonate | The Herald-Dispatch
Back to the top

Back to the top
Control functions: