Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

New FAU Gear @ It's Owl Time

Add topic

fauowl said

This will be in our email blast next week, but thought I would show this off here. Just got these Lighted Mini FAU Stadiums in today.  The manufacturer has been working on these since April.  I am quite sure no one else has these.

Posted On: Oct 23rd 2014, 3:38 PM #336942

I WANT ONE!!!! when are they available, and how much?
( I didn't have time to read the thread so im not sure if this question's been answered)
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Oh and got the book by Coach S - really appreciate the care you went into packing it - super job!
Posted On: Oct 23rd 2014, 6:48 PM #336954

Thanks Georgia!

I guess now would be a good time to share my Howard Schnellenberger Book story.  

So Howard came to me before the book was published and asked if I would sell his book in The Store.  I said I would be honored to sell his book.  At that time we never discussed the business aspect of it…and it didn't matter…I wanted that book to be in our store.  

Obviously, it was released to the big players first (the bookstores at FAU, Miami, and Louisville, Amazon, etc.). They all were required to purchase hundreds, and in return they got a better deal so they could make some money, of course.

Well he knew I was not going to buy hundreds…and I was not going to make much from them.  He said he would bring me a case of books for the store.  When he showed up with the books, he told me he signed every one of them.  

He then explained he signed them so I could ask a few extra dollars and keep the money.  He was purposely building in a few extra dollars of margin for me, not himself.  That's the kind of guy he is.

That was such an unselfish act and one more reason why I am so happy we gave that man a statue and named the field for him.  I just hope there is a way to educate incoming freshman…moving forward…on how important he is to this program.  
Back to the top

Very cool story Mark - good for him for being understanding and in trying to help you and your business out! Very proud to own an autographed copy of his book!
Back to the top

Island_Owl88 said

fauowl said

This will be in our email blast next week, but thought I would show this off here. Just got these Lighted Mini FAU Stadiums in today.  The manufacturer has been working on these since April.  I am quite sure no one else has these.

FAU Lighted Mini Stadium

Posted On: Oct 23rd 2014, 3:38 PM #336942

I WANT ONE!!!! when are they available, and how much?
( I didn't have time to read the thread so im not sure if this question's been answered)
Posted On: Oct 23rd 2014, 8:36 PM #336964

They are available now on our website or in The Store.  They are $89.99.  They were created by Home Fields a company who makes mini stadiums for all the big name schools.  They would have never created one for FAU but they knew Howard pretty well so they wanted to do something because of him.  When they met with him, he sent them over to talk to me, and it was decided they would create them to be sold at It's Owl Time!  You can google Home Fields and see their stuff.  The stadiums of equal size all sell for $99.

If anyone wants anything on their site, I should be able to special order it at a slight discount.
Back to the top

So is this a 2d photo that looks 3d? or is it a 3D model of the stadium?
Back to the top

teambeer said

So is this a 2d photo that looks 3d? or is it a 3D model of the stadium?
Posted On: Oct 24th 2014, 11:47 AM #336987

This is NOT a 3D model of the stadium.  

It is only 1.25 inches thick.  It is 3 layers of photos with material in between to give each layer some depth.  The press box and student section are on one layer, then the upper deck below the press box is another layer, and then the outer portions of the stadium make up another layer.  There are lights in the base that shine in between layers to make the field illuminate.  

Back to the top

Great, thanks Mark
Back to the top

Since there hasn't been a post today, I thought I would share a photo. 

This is Peppy Castro.  He has had a pretty legendary career as a musician.  He started the group The Blues Magoos back in the 60's and opened for The Who (among others) several times.  He is credited with teaching Ace Frehley of KISS how to play the guitar. Pretty cool guy to talk with today. 

He didn't know anything about FAU, so I taught him to Owls Up!

Peppy Castro @ The Store
Back to the top

It's Owl Time - The Store is open early today (9AM) and will stay open until 6PM. 

Everything in the store is on sale today only in honor of Homecoming.

We are located at
156 NW 20th Street
Boca Raton, FL 33431
(561) 367-3945

Owls Up!
Back to the top

Blast from the past...

Former Prez, MJ Saunders, stopped by today to pick up Howard's Book.  MJ is teaching Biology at FAU.  She goes to the football games, and really loves the program.  She has a great attitude and a big sense of humor.  Howard credits her with getting the stadium deal done when no one else could get it done.

Owls Up!

MJ Saunders @ The Store
Back to the top
Control functions: