Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FEARLESS PREDICTIONS: 2014 Week Nine - FAU vs Marshall

The Owls almost pulled it off last season.

With the Herd visiting FAU Stadium they were +13 point underdogs, and honestly should have won had it not been for a single third down conversion failure with a little over two minutes remaining in the game.

From there, they have the ever pesky Rakeem Cato and sure foot of Justin Haig to blame - both if which they will see again on Saturday.

While putting up a noteworthy amount of points, not seeing this year's version of the Herd as "considerably" better offensively; although they are averaging better production in both the run (+1.8 YPC) and the pass (+1.1 YPC) through seven games.

However, defense played a key role in keeping 2013's meeting closer than expected for the Owls, and that advantage has declined somewhat for them.

Florida Atlantic will have to play crisp offensively, hold on to the ball, and stop the run to be successful.

Of note, with the first two games of the season removed - during which time Jaquez Johnson saw only a quarter of action - they are scoring 33 points per game. Given that, expect a closer than forecasted outcome, but still not enough.

Owls 27  Herd 42

What says you??

Back to the top

Owls win! 44-38…and of course, rioting in the breezeway!

Back to the top

45-44 Owls take it!!!!
Back to the top

45-38, Herd takes it, but FAU has fixed the turnover problems that we've had all season, so theres that…….

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

It's a road game
No high expectations for this game.
High scoring game.
Team with last possession wins the game.

I just don't want to see costly turnovers by our offense. Both teams and great QBs and RBs. Both teams go score over 35 pts. I want to see a good match, either intense 4 quarters, or terrible 1st half by FAU and remarkable 2nd half comeback…

GO OWLS!!!
Back to the top

If we ever dream if upsetting a top 25 team, I've never seen a opportunity like this one. We played this team toe to toe last year! We can do this the entire teams minds and hearts are into it from kick off! Come on Owl's let's go get them! 
Back to the top

We better cover the spread, or ill be extremely disappointed. Although I don't see us winning, I think we find a way to stay close for most of the game. If we can go into the 4th Quarter with the game in balance you never know what can happen. I think FAU loses 45-31
Back to the top

We beat'em
38-31

Roc finally adjusts the defense, none of this gifting 5-7 yards cushy stuff.  we play uptempo offense from the jump.  Trey and Coley deliver a couple of snot bubbles to Cato.  And there you have it…OIT has made a prediction.  Don't hold it against me if my fortune telling is off.  I'll just keep my day job.
Back to the top

FAU definitely covers the spread. I think the players are going to come out very hungry and motivated. Unfortunately Im not sure the defense is going to stop Marshall on a consistent basis. I'll say Herd wins the game 40-28.

Defense will force 2 turnovers.
Quez will be responsible for all 4 TDs.
Back to the top

Just hoping we don't have another road game meltdown like in Miami.
Back to the top
Control functions: