Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FEARLESS PREDICTIONS: 2014 Week Ten - UAB vs FAU

It's Homecoming Week for Florida Atlantic, and gatherings designed to draw Alumni back to the Boca Raton campus abound in plentiful fashion.

The Main Event:

UAB has been a good opponent for the Owls, with an +8.25 ppg average margin of victory in the four wins taken from the Blazers.

The lone aside would obviously be 2009's meeting at Legion Field in which FAU fell victim to the Joe Webb Show: 14-for-19 through the air for 292 yards and 4TD, and 120 yards rushing with 2TD.

The more that things change though, the more they remain the same. UAB ran 65% of their tries on the ground back then, and will look to do the same if not more this Saturday.

A key difference could come in the complimentary area of passing, where starting QB Cody Clements' status still remains unclear. That's a big factor considering that if he can't go the back-up signal caller Jeremiah Briscoe is sporting a paltry 36.2% completion rate to Clement's 69.5% showing.

Accordingly, Vegas was silent until Thursday night (-4.5 FAU) and this would have been the only FBS game for the Owls to not have an official line published had they not finally chimed in.

However, it appears off.

There is a White Elephant in the room, and that would be the Owls' current streak of 6-0 at FAU Stadium - one which comes with an average offensive outpouring of 41 points per game.

Bang that up against the Blazer's 35 point showing for 2014 and you ironically have some rough math that will likely resemble the final tally.

Clement's participation will determine the outcome.

With:      Blazers 33  Owls 41

Without: Blazers 24  Owls 41

What says you??

Back to the top

Offense continues to fly high. I won't be there but will be tuning in….. 37-28 in favor of our Owls! Hoot!
Back to the top

We stay undefeated at Schnelly Field.
GO OWLS!!!
Back to the top

Rick said

There is a White Elephant in the room, and that would be the Owls' current streak of 6-0 at FAU Stadium - one which comes with an average offensive outpouring of 41 points per game.

I love this.

Owls trail at the half but win convincingly with a score of 28-35 when the clock strikes 0:00.

Back to the top

Not many predictions today. I think Fau takes it. They better.............
Back to the top

This is a must game for the Owls. The question is whether the Owls play to win or play not to lose.  The Owls will spot the Blazers 14 points in the first half but explode for 35 points in the 2nd half and win going away. Final Score - FAU 38, UAB 17. A successful Homecoming for the Owls!!!!!
Back to the top

Brent Campbell said

This is a must game for the Owls.
Posted On: Oct 31st 2014, 8:06 PM #337295

+1

A 4-0 finish is very likely needed for Bowl consideration.

Back to the top

Our o will score. I just hope we don't give up easy scores. Wind will make FG difficult.   FAU  35   UAB 21.    I feel like we are on a roll
Back to the top

I'm thinking another big day for Quez at home and the defense steps up big. 

Owls 28 Blazers 10

I love dropkicks and fat guy touchdowns.

Twitter: @jakobsansom
Back to the top
Control functions: