Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Three Star Palm Beach Central ATH Kemar Downer Commits to FAU Football

Add topic

Kemar Downer
ATH
5-11, 170
West Palm Beach, FL
Palm Beach Central

40: 4.57
20 yard shuttle: 4.85
Vertical: 33.3"

Downer is a versatile player who has seen time at wide receiver, running back, defensive back, and even quarterback. His main position is wide receiver, where he has amassed 324 yards off 21 catches including 3TD through seven games this season.

Downer also played basketball for Central, averaging 9.6 ppg in his sophomore season. He dabbles in soccer as well, but admits that football is his "first love".

Back to the top

Back to the top

Anybody know what position he might play for us?
Back to the top

Likely receiver...
Back to the top

I agree. Most likely WR. Very very good athlete. Love the story on Palm Beach Post where Downer says he received a tweet from Parr trying to convince him to commit. Parr is smart, lining up some future targets.
Back to the top

I worked a few games in the TV production truck for CW's Friday Night Rivals this Fall. It was a blast to go up and down Palm Beach County and the Treasure Coast meeting coaches, players, staff, and parents that all want to see FAU succeed. We covered Palm Beach Central twice, and the truck would go crazy every time Downer touched the football. Kid is a playmaker. Central's offense revolved around him. Now, I wish I paid more attention to his playing style now that he's an Owl!
Back to the top

I always thought he was best suited as a cornerback.
Back to the top

I think it will boil down to the needs of the team. He is a good enough athlete to do either. He has enough confidence to do both.
Back to the top

Lets hope this coaching staff doesn't waste waste his talent like they are with DJ Juste……also by the looks of the film he looks slow just my 2 cents.
Back to the top

He may not be the fastest, but he's shifty and a tough runner. He won't run by you like Lucky, but he's got good hands and could be a reliable slot WR.
Back to the top
Control functions: